• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VLD Seating Stem Needed For Berger Hybrids?

rommel500

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2009
SLO,CA
I am loading the Berger Hybrid 140s for the first time. I am using the Redding competition seating die and it seems to bottom out and get stuck and kinda leaves a ring around the top of the bullet.

Do you need the vld seating die for these?

I am loading the Berger Hybrid 140s for the first time. I am using the Redding competition seating die and it seems to bottom out and get stuck and kinda leaves a ring around the top of the bullet.

Do you need the vld seating die for these?

There is no vld seater in a comp die, but you can buy a vld seating stem, just replace original one. In my 6.5 comp die, I didn't need it for 130's, for 7mm I had to buy one, and can see for 6mm, I need one also.
Someone's going to come along and tell you to sand out the one you have, I recommend against doing so, you could turn it into some lopsided POS that will cause more runout that you can live with.