• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VLTOR A5 for AR10/LR-308 Platform

Reaper 31

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2018
    Texas
    Hello all, I just want to get my facts correct on the VLTOR RE-10/A5SR buffer tube setup on the big boy semi-auto platform. VLTOR says to specifically use the Armalite buffer (part #EA1095) and operating spring (part #EC0120) for the Armalite, but to contact DPMS to see what parts would work with this setup. Is anyone else using this setup on the DPMS platform without any issues?

Thanks

I'm running a UBR on my Stag 10 which is A5 length buffer system. It comes with a spacer to run the shorter 308 buffer. But if you remove the spacer, it allows you to run standard, small frame "AR15" carbine buffers. So I'm running a Spikes H2 556 buffer in my 308, it is the smoothest cycling rifle I have.

I removed the spacer so I could run the easier to find/tune small buffers. The Stag 10 is DPMS/SR25 pattern so I'm assuming that with the A5 buffer tube length, you should be able to run a standard 556 carbine buffer if you want. Just be sure to measure everything so you know for sure it works.

I have never had a single issue running this setup and I have the ability to run more weight in the larger buffer body if need be. Without having to go with a pricey 308 buffer.

What spring are you using on your set up? Also is your tube 6 or 7 position adjustable?

An A5 buffer was meant to use a 5.56 carbine buffer, it became the A5 when VLTOR made a special buffer to use 5.56 in it.