• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Volkmann vs. T-3

jkkfam89

Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
Bloomfield
I have just recently gotten into 1911's. I picked up a Wilson CQB. Now I want something a bit smaller for carry. It is down to these two. I am looking for a .45. Please let me know what you think of each

1. Volkmann Combatant carry

2. Nighthawk T-3

Please pick one or the other (If you can). I will post pics of my choice...

Re: Volkmann vs. T-3

Custom vs. Semi-Custom....HHHhmmm'

These are two refined examples of what a 1911 should be...

Volkmann being a full custom pistolsmith I will assume you will have more options (color,front strap,sights,barrel,safetys, ect) to what your perfect 1911 should end up like.

I guess it all comes down to how much you wanna spend...You cant go wrong with either.

I personally have specific tastes in 1911's, so I would definitely go the custom route in order to accommodate. Not to say that the Nighthawk is at all a inferior pistol, but given my druthers I'd always prefer to spec things out myself.

For a carry gun, I've always been interested in going the CCO route. 4" slide, officer frame. I had one for a bit, and thought that it was a concept that I wouldn't mind exploring more.

All else being equal, I'd go with the Volkmann because it's "more" custom. Sure, the Nighthawk guys will build to your specifications but they churn out bunches of guns whereas Volkmann is a smaller shop and the perception, to me, is that more personal care might be given to your project.

The Volkmann, you won't be disappointed by any stretch of the imagination. As well, his Combatant Carry is exceptional. It shoots like a full size 1911 and is every bit as accurate.

Call Luke up an enjoy.