• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VOLQUARTSEN FIREARMS throws in the towel on .17wsm

We will be sharing some exciting 17WSM news very soon. :)
Soon as in 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, or??? Can you give us some kind of time frame? Looking forward to finally seeing a good 17 WSM build.

Weeks not months... and not many. ;)
With all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' it with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

With all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' it with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.
sounds like first hand experience , any insight appreciated

Volquartsen struggled with exactly what I stated in this video:

They made the right call, handled the situation honestly and certainly have my respect.

MB

You know Mike I ordered a v22m at the same time because I saw your vid and am glad i did. I am actually happy they bailed Always had my doubts

Reactions: RAVAGE88
On the other hand.Using clients money for R&D is not cool you either have a product like what is advertised or you dont .
Money is cheap these days 0% start up funding is abound .
IMHO

Last edited:
You know Mike I ordered a v22m at the same time because I saw your vid and am glad i did. I am actually happy they bailed Always had my doubts

Yessir, they made a good call that saved tons of heartache/frustration. Over the years, a lot of smart people put time, effort and dollars into making the 17WSM work and it always leads back to the same place.

MB

I have to say on the other hand using clients money for R&D is not cool .
You either have a product as advertised or you dont run an add
Start up money is cheap these days, 0% even
IMHO

Yessir, although I'm not sure what this is referring to, I agree with what you're saying.

MB

Volquartsen struggled with exactly what I stated in this video:

They made the right call, handled the situation honestly and certainly have my respect.

MB

If I understand your video you never attempted or did any actual work with a 17 WSM build but rather evaluated the specifics of the 17 WSM round itself and declined to go further, yes?

If I understand your video you never attempted or did any actual work with a 17 WSM build but rather evaluated the specifics of the 17 WSM round itself and declined to go further, yes?

No sir, I did tons of work on the 17WSM as the Director of Engineering for a major OEM. I adopted the project when I arrived and upon review, recommended they scrap the project....they didn't, and ultimately had to recall the line and upon my departure, struggled with a 97% production fall out. The issues have always come back to what I stated in the video, regardless of who works on the project....

Continuing to do the same thing and expect different results defines the same thing, time after time....

MB

Well, I suppose if the modern day John M Browning can't get er done it's a doomed idea for all others. ;)

Well, I suppose if the modern day John M Browning can't get er done it's a doomed idea for all others. ;)

Thanks, but that's not a moniker I claim. Aside from that, the doomed idea started with the ammo design, not firearms.

MB

Orkan, I believe someone can make a good shooter at the money level you guys play at. I have a quite good shooting BMAG that I can't quote groups but is a consistent Richardson ground squirrel killer all at 250-275. I bedded it into a Boyds stock and turned down the trigger as well as threaded the barrel and always run a SWR Spectre2. If my ass can do it then I'll wager you can. Good luck.

Reactions: orkan
Thanks, but that's not a moniker I claim. Aside from that, the doomed idea started with the ammo design, not firearms.

MB
I'm sorry I was just going off of your Bio on the Vudoo website.

"Mike Bush is our Lead Design Engineer. Mike brings another 25+ years of experience to Vudoo, but there’s something special about him. Those years of experience are predominantly in the firearms world and the FBI, with special projects being done for many of the largest firearms manufacturers out there. When Mike takes a break from his day-to-day Vudoo magic, you’ll likely find him prone in the grass behind one of his creations making little ragged sub-MOA holes in something, then venturing back into the lab to design the next badassery. His nickname around here is “Moses”, because he is nothing short of a modern day John Moses Browning…that’s special."

I'm sorry I was just going off of your Bio on the Vudoo website.

"Mike Bush is our Lead Design Engineer. Mike brings another 25+ years of experience to Vudoo, but there’s something special about him. Those years of experience are predominantly in the firearms world and the FBI, with special projects being done for many of the largest firearms manufacturers out there. When Mike takes a break from his day-to-day Vudoo magic, you’ll likely find him prone in the grass behind one of his creations making little ragged sub-MOA holes in something, then venturing back into the lab to design the next badassery. His nickname around here is “Moses”, because he is nothing short of a modern day John Moses Browning…that’s special."

Yessir, I figured as much and no need to be sorry, I wasn't offended by your post. John Browning was on another level and I didn't write that bio, so I don't claim to be on par with him....:)

MB