• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Volquartsen Fusion .22LR

John D.

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
CT
With the constant increases in prices and the scarcity of good ammo in general, I was looking for an accurate and fun to shoot .22LR rifle for the summer. That was unfortuately the summer of 2012. But hey, it's here now.

This was 13 1/2 months in the making but once I laid my eyes and hands on it, I really didn't care. It is one magnificently engineered and machined piece. Everything is of the very highest quality as it should be for this kind of wait...and price.

Essentially, this is a Ruger 10/22 but the only Ruger part is the classic Ruger 10rd rotary magazine. Everything else is Volquartsen engineered and made.

This is a "take down" rifle more for caliber conversions (like .17 Mach 4) than Ruger's own take down 10/22 that goes into their backpack. The free float handguard is kept secure and squared up by a ball detent. Slide the handguard off and you will see the barrel is set into the reciever exactly like an AR with the same barrel extention timed at 12 o'clock with a slot pin. Very nice.

The trigger is the best semi-auto .22 trigger I have ever tried. Single stage, predictable let off, reasonably light. But it is not close to a Sako or Anschutz bolt gun trigger for sure.

The barrel is a SS match barrel wrapped in carbon fiber with a multiport muzzle brake. The brake is removeable and the barrel is obviously threaded underneath. I'll have to look up the thread pitch but I can tell you it is larger than 1/2 x 28.

The rear stock is very solid and textured. Super comfortable. Has a nice rubber recoil pad as well that is more for friction when you lay behind it than recoil absorption.

I had the 1" 3-9 x 36 Swarovski for years. Incredible glass, simple duplex reticle. I used fixed mounts instead of a LT SPR mount to lower the scope as much as I could. Much better this way.

The Atlas bipod is pure overkill but it's what I have and it is a great bipod.

Since I ordered the rifle, .22LR ammo has also joined the ranks of the hard to find. Luckily over the years, I have accrued nearly 90k of it, about 15% of which is match ammo (Eley, Lapua, RWS). So ammo is certainly no problem.

I cannot wait to wring it out Saturday. I am sure it will be worth the wait and cost.

And yes, my daughter's Jeep and playscape make it even more badass.

VolquartsenFusion2013001_zps52d49344.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013004_zps1c7f035a.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013005_zpsd29f2d7a.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013007_zpsb7c8ae01.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013008_zpsd53c6c7c.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013009_zps9ea73c5d.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013013_zps9da5d05e.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013014_zps181ebdc1.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013016_zps3be86ec7.jpg

VolquartsenFusion2013018_zps6c9ae48e.jpg