• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Volquartsen kit for Ruger MarkII 22/45

Halfnutz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 14, 2008
    Peoria County, Illinois
    I have started doing some more pistol shooting and looking to upgrade my Ruger MarkII 22/45 for Bullseye Shooting. I have seen both positive and negatives about Volquartsen products. I can get this kit https://www.volquartsen.com/products/281-accurizing-kit-for-ruger-mkiimkiii locally for $74.

Any opinions on this kit? Any issues with misfires etc.?

Any other options?

Thanks all,
    Halfnutz

Re: Volquartsen kit for Ruger MarkII 22/45

I installed it and couldn't get the trigger to work at all, but I'm mechanically stupid. After I put the old trigger in (and kept the rest of the accurizing kit parts in) the pistol worked like a champ. I don't know how much of a difference there is, but I think it's a bit better with the kit parts (if nothing else there's at least the placebo effect).

The kits are ok, some have a bit of creep when installed. It may not decrease the pull weight that much. Make sure that the kit that is available locally is for the model you have. Hammers are different between the MKII and MKIII to allow for the magazine disconnect.

I bought just the trigger and it made a pretty nice diference. I don't see a need to buy the rest of the parts, but I'm not too picky about triggers. Reliability has been nearly perfect except for the cheap bulk pack ammo.

the VQ trigger is the cats meow. i've done three or four of my Rugers with them. i don't think the hammer adds much.

Did you guys also install the sear? when doing the complete replacement, You will get a lighter trigger put. I prefer to polish the factory sear and hammer notch but the addition of a trigger with over travel and pre travel screws helps to fine tune these. Most of the ones I tune are for match shooters at the local club I belong to.

Change of plan today. I'm not going to mess with the 22/45.

I put a S&W Model 41 on lay-a-way instead
    smile.gif