• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Volquartsen LLV/Scorpion Suppressor Host

dmmack

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2013
I'm considering what color to choose in a threaded Volquartsen LLV Upper for my Hunter (already has TK LCI replacement and bushing, SS Volquartsen Trigger and Accurizing kit).

I can't find any pictures online of the (as of 2012) newest version of Volquartsen's silver LLV on a stainless Ruger frame -- only black upper on SS or vice versa. I would eventually like to add a V competition bolt, HSH, and Volquartsen Lower to effectively have two complete guns, but for now the LLV and suppressor are on deck.

I tried to find a Silencerco White Sparrow in stock for a reasonable price, thinking that would look awesome on an all-silver/SS gun, but ended up ordering a black one.

Which color LLV do you think would look the best on a stainless Ruger frame - Silver (new NiB coating from Volquartsen) or black anodized?

Also, is there a real advantage to the NiB finish?
Is the tensioned barrel in the Volquartsen LLV (basically a Scorpion) a problem with suppressors (baffle strikes, POI shift)?