• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Volquartsen rifles

Ammo dog 2311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2012
New york
Does anyone have one ? They state a sub MOA guarantee on there web site. Lots of options to choose from. The price is a little steep for a 22lr , they start at $1,200 and go up from there. I think I want one if I get some positive feed back.
Yes I know that I could buy a savage, Remington , Winchester and so on, for a lot less. So if you have any experience with there rifles please share.

Re: Volquartsen rifles

I have one in 17HMR. They are very well built guns. Mine is a tack driver. It will shoot with my 17HMR Annie all day. If you don't have your mind set on a VQ also take a look at Kidd guns. www.coolguyguns.com. He makes great guns also.

Would you say they are worth the price tag ? What kind of groups are you guys getting out of yours ? I don't mind spending a lot of cash if I get quality product for my money.

What do you want to shoot with it? That will help everyone help you.

Probably just shooting at paper and metal. I have other 22's for varmints. I don't have a specific plan or need for the weapon. I guess I could take it hunting but don't have to. Probably use it mostly for cheep trigger time.
I have a lot of guns that I don't shoot because of ammo costs. Yes I do reload but it still costs a lot plus the time to work up a load. Yes I realize that I am talking about spending well over a grand for a new gun but I would have something to show for the money spent not just holes in paper. Good accurate trigger time with semi cheep ammo is what I am looking for. I would take it along with another rifle and shoot the center fire first then when ammo is spent go to the rim fire.

Cool, are you set on a Semi auto or do you also like bolt guns? Also remember where you are, around here we don't need no stinkin reason to want a new gun, except there is one we think would be cool!

I think Volsquartsen I have is worth the money. It has a great trigger and is very accurate. I have won a couple of rimfire matches with it shooting steel at 50 yards.

I like the way you think oldrifleman !!! I may be a little crazy but I like ALL guns. Bolts, semi, single shot, muzzle stuffer I have them all. To be honest I saw this weapon in a book and said to myself, self you need one of those. I don't have an accurate 22lr so I have a GREAT need for one
smile.gif
seriously this rifle looks like a fun gun to play with. Bolt guns are great but semi's are more fun if they can shoot.
Deisel what size groups are you getting and what flavor ammo does your baby like.

Then by all means get one! I would say look at either the Volq or the Kidd, both will give you really good accuracy! Have fun.

I have one in 17HMR as well. It shoots at least as well as any of the other 17HMR's I have.

As far as 22's go; I would go with a full blown Kidd. If for no other reason, just to have their trigger group. I have two of their two stage triggers and they are incredible. They turn out some great 10/22's!

Thanks for the info. This storm is keepin me busy for now. Very interested in this rifle. Got to make some money before I make the jump.....

I've got a 17 hmr and it is a very good gun. I really like the idea of a semi-auto 17. Lots of fun.