• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Volume needed for 300BLK

BruxBarrels

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2010
Lodi, WI
www.bruxbarrels.com
Just like the title states, just curious of how much volume/# baffles needed for a 300 blk shooting subsonics? Anything it can do beyond that is just gravy. Main reason is with current design the suppressor is about 2 inches longer than I would like the overall barrel length to finish off at. I can't cut the barrel down anymore as its already 9 inches long.

Thanks

Re: Volume needed for 300BLK

I know this goes against common conception, but the YHM Wraith XL 9mm suppressor is an excellent candidate for 300 BLK. you can get the dimensions from their site and calculate volume from there. Stepped K baffles are what is inside. As an added benefit, if you leave the bore size of the 9mm, you can use it on a 338 whisper.

762 - would you use any 9mm can or just that YHM Wraith? Im thinking about putting a AAC 9mm can on mine and leaving it alone. I cant justify packing around that heavy rifle can anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">762 - would you use any 9mm can or just that YHM Wraith? Im thinking about putting a AAC 9mm can on mine and leaving it alone. I cant justify packing around that heavy rifle can anymore. </div></div>

If strictly subsonic is what you will be shooting, any 9mm suppressor.

TROS makes a 5/8x24 3 lug mount. Works great on any 9mm can that offers a 3 lug setup, AAC Tirant or SWR Trident.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TROS makes a 5/8x24 3 lug mount. Works great on any 9mm can that offers a 3 lug setup, AAC Tirant or SWR Trident. </div></div>

That 3-lug adapter is what I run on my 338 whisper bolt gun along with my Wraith XL suppressor. VERY quiet set-up.

Most of the better 223 cans (same volume) run about 11-13 cubic inches.
Being a sub sonic only gun you could get by with a bit less.