• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Volunteer ZA338/6.0-W validation test

Noel Carlson

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Time is drawing near to gather independent validation data on a six caliber 338 projectile designed to outclass all current jacketed projectiles from a 1: 9" constant twist-rate rifling geometry.

If you are interested, and are able to meet the following conditions:
* Have the skills and equipment to shoot to 2,000 yards.
* Would be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
* Have access to a range with a DA close to sea level during Winter.
* Are anal retentive in compiling field data.
... Then PM me.

You will receive 500 PDT-core projectiles of which perhaps no more than 100 will be consumed in testing. The balance you can keep.

Thanks,
Noel Carlson

Re: Volunteer ZA338/6.0-W validation test

Are there any factory rifles with 1:9" twist currently being produced? I know my AX338 is 1:9.375" and that's the fastest factory twist I've seen. Curious what else is out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any factory rifles with 1:9" twist currently being produced? I know my AX338 is 1:9.375" and that's the fastest factory twist I've seen. Curious what else is out there. </div></div>

Savage 110BA? It's a 1:9...

Thanks for the rapid responses.

We are now covered by two shooters, and rifles.

Noel what happened to the 375s??

Rocky Mountain,

The 375 will have limited circulation, restricted to those who have already invested in one of the Bartlein gain-twist barrels. The only projectiles in standard calibers that will be offered generally are 338, and 50. This is because these are the *only* calibers for which commercially produced twenty-six caliber twist-rates are available. Everything else is much too slow to bother with.

Some very interesting design features in rifling geometry, and barrel alloys will be making a debute next year in the following calibers:

These are based upon bore dimension, and will allow projectiles to transit in full caliber diameter absent engraving marks, or deformation, to allow the least possible surface drag at significantly higher muzzle velocities for a given bullet weight.

I have specifically targeted the best of 6mm, 7mm, 30 cal. , 338 cal. , and 375 as the benchmarks to surpass in ballistic efficiency.