• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortakt Barrels

Forgetful Coyote

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
Anybody tried these guys out? They offer single point cut- and button-rifled, with many different grades to choose from.

Mr @Frank Green .. know anything about these gentlemen?

Doesn’t look like they are selling to the public but to manufacturers

Doesn’t look like they are selling to the public but to manufacturers
Was just looking over that. Minimum order of 1000 blanks for 100-series, 50 pc minimum for the 200-400 series button rifled, 10 pc minimum for the 500 series cut rifled.
Wonder who their customers are?

Any clue on who LMT sources their cut rifled tubes from..?? I know KAC does all their barrels in-house save for the LPR.

They say on their site number one manufacturer of AK barrels. Don’t know

Wow, they're in my neck of the woods! There must be 1/2 dozen barrel makers here in Wisconsin (Krieger, Bartlein, Criterion, Brux, etc). Must be the water.

Curious too who they sell their barrels to?

Last edited:
Reactions: cro789
They are a reasonably large OEM blank manufacturer who makes barrels that are sold by other brands. We have used them from time to time, and they are clearly good barrels, I have not been able to put my finger on where in the quality continuum to place them. I know a few of the brands that use them, and most would be impressed with the barrels under those brands, and have no idea that Vortakt makes them.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote