• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex 1-10 Question

Not asking which is superior. Just asking which the Vortex is more comparable to as far as eye box, clarity, quality, etc.

after having all three, the eyebox of the g3 is better than the nx8 but worse than the atacr

Anyway, I am not using lpvo’s at all anymore. I’m either going down to an Acog with piggyback red dot or up to a medium power scope with piggy back red dot

Reactions: 1911hombre
I have the 1-10 and atacr. Have used the nx8. Vortex is more comparable but not as good as the atacr imo.

Reactions: 1911hombre
after having all three, the eyebox of the g3 is better than the nx8 but worse than the atacr

Anyway, I am not using lpvo’s at all anymore. I’m either going down to an Acog with piggyback red dot or up to a medium power scope with piggy back red dot

Everything old becomes new again, so at some point, we will all remember and re-discover how lightweight, effective, and how simple the ACOG design is and marvel at its wonder again.

Personally, I've been on the lookout for one of the older tanodized ECOS models for quite some time. Meanwhile, toying around with the idea of replacing the T2 on a SCAR 16 with a TA44 (I like the RTR reticle).

Everything old becomes new again, so at some point, we will all remember and re-discover how lightweight, effective, and how simple the ACOG design is and marvel at its wonder again.

Personally, I've been on the lookout for one of the older tanodized ECOS models for quite some time. Meanwhile, toying around with the idea of replacing the T2 on a SCAR 16 with a TA44 (I like the RTR reticle).
You could keep the t2 and put in on top of a different model Acog

The NX8 is kinda without peer in compactness for 1-8x LPVOs, but the March Shorty and the new Vortex 1-10x AMG are in the more compact size class. This is what I like about the NX8, how compact it is. It might not have the best exit pupil, but it’s not terrible either.

It’s a great match for a little short barreled Grendel where you have a cartridge that does its features and price justice.

20190301_184113_zpsfgcbtjq1.jpg

For what it is, I kinda feel like the NX8 1-8x24 doesn’t need big turrets, and would do better with extremely low profile capped knobs, with a tree reticle.

I have the Razor Gen III 1-10 and just mounted it on my 18” LaRue Stealth 2.0 Grendel. The forgiveness of the exit pupil is excellent up to about 7x for me. It feels really nice right there. I can dial to 10x if I need more magnification. FoV is great on the 1-10x Razor with 116ft at 100yds. ATACR has 106ft at 100yds. I’ve only fondled the ATACR, but it and the Razor feel a bit large for a lightweight AR carbine.

ATACR: 21oz, 10” long
Razor: 21.5oz, 10.1” long

Both have tree reticles.

opplanet-nightforce-atacr-1-8x24-f1-riflescope-10-mil-rad-capped-ptl-fc-dmx-illuminated-black-c653-reticle-2.webp

vtx_ret_razorhd3_ebr-9_mrad_clos_1.jpeg

Reactions: camocorvette
Like many here, I have both the ATACR and G3 Vortex. I also have the March 1-10x Shorty, the S&B 1-8x CC Short Dot, EOTech 1-10x Vudu, etc.

Between the Vortex and ATACR, I’d probably take the VO by a hair. The ATACR has more center distortion and a much thicker tunnel, whereas the VO scope just melts away entirely. I’m not a huge fan of the DMx reticle because it’s so damn “chunky.”

They’re definitely head-to-head competing scopes. The NX is a step down from both.

My favorite is the March Shorty. The glass is easily as good as both the NF and VO, but the size difference is… well… see for yourself.

1707131126037.jpeg

I’ve been wanting one of the March 1-10x Shorty’s for a while now.

I think I’ll hold out for the Razor 1-10 AMG.

Reactions: TheHorta
Like many here, I have both the ATACR and G3 Vortex. I also have the March 1-10x Shorty, the S&B 1-8x CC Short Dot, EOTech 1-10x Vudu, etc.

Between the Vortex and ATACR, I’d probably take the VO by a hair. The ATACR has more center distortion and a much thicker tunnel, whereas the VO scope just melts away entirely. I’m not a huge fan of the DMx reticle because it’s so damn “chunky.”

They’re definitely head-to-head competing scopes. The NX is a step down from both.

My favorite is the March Shorty. The glass is easily as good as both the NF and VO, but the size difference is… well… see for yourself.

View attachment 8341560

Thank you for sharing your experience. I value your input more than most.

If you have another minute to compare the difference between the eyebox of the March vs Vortex I would appreciate hearing your observations.

March has a reputation for having a bit of a tight eyebox that nonexpert shooters have trouble indexing to when trying to get a fast first shot. Your experience Trumps my hearsay!

Reactions: TheHorta

View attachment 8341560
Love March, love the size, love the weight, and love a few of the reticles. What I love most is the side focus.

Are they worth the price of admission, though? At that price, the choices are unlimited.

I got my March for the same price as the Vortex and a wee bit less than the ATACR.

The S&B CC is flippin’ nuts though. It’s a fantastic LPVO, but it ain’t $5K fantastic.

I've been hearing about the 1-10 AMG for a few years now. Is it going to debut soon?
It has already been released with the UK contract, as well as an initial limited bundle package with DD AR-15s.

So there are 1-10x Vortex AMGs in US civilian hands already. There’s a thread on it in Optics here with photos through the glass, external, features, etc.

IMO all scopes have compromise . It
all depends on its design specific to its intended use.
The way I see my G3 , It's a DMR optic that must do many things:
- Balance between 1x speed and 10x PID.
- Quick ranging capability in the reticle .
- Daylight bright dot.
- "light enough" to keep a 16" carbine balanced.
- solid IQ out to distance.
G3 Vortex 1-10 delivers, but will never be that "perfect" optic. That's why I also run a 35 degree RMR to enhance my carbine build when close range speed is priority.
When I bought the 1-10 , I accepted it's limitations while embracing it's capabilities.

Attachments

• Resized_20231222_174745~2_60358400790463_1705409966965.jpeg
    Resized_20231222_174745~2_60358400790463_1705409966965.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 16
I've been hearing about the 1-10 AMG for a few years now. Is it going to debut soon?
Right now you can get as a package with rifle from I think Euro Optics. Not sure if when they will be on open market I have a request in to get one if they get an over run myself. Not sure if it will happen but fingers are crossed

I have had all three as well and completely agree. It’s not bad, better than the NX8 but I prefer the ATACR. Still have the G3 and ATACR but sold my NX8.