• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex 1-6 Power Ring Stiffness

Mumbles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Pittsburgh Area
With the Gen1/Gen2 Vortex Razor 1-6s, the power ring is absurdly stiff, that's well known. Are there any fixes to this? I don't mean bolting on a switchview lever, I mean an actual adjustment to the moving parts to free them up a little. I'm not optimistic, because I've been googling and haven't come up with anything. I apologize if this is a redundant thread, I've been away from the forum for a while and may have missed a few chapters.

Short answer is probably not. You can just work it and see if it loosens up some. One reason for it being stiff may be tight tolerances to ensure the optic is waterproof. Best option in most cases is to increase leverage with a switchview.

Give Vortex a call. They can help to loosen it up some for you.

Reactions: RHINOWSO
Mine arn't that bad. Yeah stiff, but not difficult to use.

Give Vortex a call. They can help to loosen it up some for you.
This is the right answer. I'll say that my gen3's magnification ring is just right, too. Enough resistance to stay put, but very smooth and easy to operate.