• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex 2.5-10x32 replacement

Caterpillardoc

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Doswell, Virginia
I have a Vortex 2.5-10x32 PST Gen 1 MOA FFP on an 18” AR in 308 I’d like to upgrade. I have never really cared for this scope and I’m a huge Vortex fan. I don’t like FFP in this magnification range, however I wonder how it compares to a PST 2-10x32 Gen 2 or if I would like it more.

I use the rifle as range toy, occasionally in gas gun matches out to 800 and I’ve taken it pig hunting.

I also have a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 in MOA on another rifle that is one of my favorite scopes, unfortunately it’s been discontinued and hard to find a used one. How does this scope compare to the new NXS 2.5-10x42? I’d really like to get something under $1000, however not finding anything.

I want exposed turrets, illuminated reticle and MOA reticle. Any suggestions?

I have the 2.5-10x32 also and like it a lot, I've spent a little bit of time with the Gen 2 2-10x32 and found the reticle very thin on 2x, perhaps if I had more range time with it I'd get used to it, but at the time it felt awfully small.

Only options I can think of in the 2-10 range are the NXS, VX5/VX5, Vortex and Burris XTR2, there is a USO 1.8-10 but the FOV spec on 1.8x is rubbish.
The Leupold options are very scopes but lacking in milling reticle options.
There is also the new Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 which looks promising, it's and FFP design though.

With a bit of luck Vortex will come out with a 2-10 scope in the new LHT which has potential to be excellent.

I’ve been reading up on the LHT and it does sound appealing, if was in 2 or 2.5-10. Hopefully one is in the near future. It would certainly be a consideration.

Is it the power range your trying to stick to or from factor or weight or all of the above?