• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex 2.5-10x44

Dustoff82

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2011
Texas
I have a Remington 700 LA in 30-06 that I wish to upgrade from the crappy Nikon 3-9. I'm thinking about getting the vortex. My only concern is lowlight use. Do yall think the obj. will be enough for use in typical hunting conditions? My main reason for looking at this scope is the "zero stop", and the very reasonable price.

That is an decent scope, a lot of features for its price. For mainly a hunting application, there are way better scopes (optically speaking) for around the same price point. If you don't need exposed turrets and just after a robust, lightweight and optically perfect hunting scope, check out the demo pricing of Zeiss and Swarovski. The PST normally runs $600, you can get amazing hunting glass in that ballpark price point (case in point): Swarovski - Camera Land NY
Some very good deals on Zeiss Conquest closeouts too.

If you are needing exposed turrets and wanting to do a multi-role tactical/hunting setup, there are a few others to look at besides the PST.

Sightron 3.5-10x44 SIII 30mm Riflescope
SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Leupold 3-9x40 VX-R Patrol 30mm Riflescope

(budget bargin)Weaver Tactical Grand Slam Rifle Scope 3-10x 40mm 1/10 Mil Adjustments

Nevermind. I realized you are talking about the pst with the zero stop.

Last edited:
camera land has the viper HS 2.5-10 for 300, i got one, and it's pretty nice