• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex amg 1-10 shorty

I always wonder if companies do stuff like this on purpose to go viral on social media and forums. They can always claim it was a mistake and take it down...

Reactions: Hoody2shoes

Reactions: Hoody2shoes
Lots of high expectations on this one, for sure. Really hoping for less weight and a looser eyebox.

Personal desire for a slightly faster magnification ring, but that's for unrelated reasons.

Different erector housing, integrated throw lever, different diopter adjustment, parallax knob, & turrets... possibly toolless? Hopefully less edge lensing w/ the AMG too.

What % premium have AMGs sold for in the past?

Different erector housing, integrated throw lever, different diopter adjustment, parallax knob, & turrets... possibly toolless? Hopefully less edge lensing w/ the AMG too.

Fairly large thread on it here, including some NDA limited impressions from Ilya...

While I'm not surprised to see it first at Euro Optic, I'm somewhat surprised to see it first available as a combo with a rifle...

If you look at the cost of the DD which is $2,250 and subtract it from the EO price for the package $5,600, that leaves about $3,350 for the scope which is about a 35% premium over the Razor 1-10

Reactions: R_A_W
If you look at the cost of the DD which is $2,250 and subtract it from the EO price for the package $5,600, that leaves about $3,350 for the scope which is about a 35% premium over the Razor 1-10
Yeah but no one pays retail for either of those. That’s a $1900 rifle at best.

Yeah but no one pays retail for either of those. That’s a $1900 rifle at best.
True but both the package price and standalone rifle price are assumed to be MSRP. If the scope is not discounted and the rifle is, then the "premium" over the Razor is even higher.

If you don’t care about eye box, eye relief, FOV, CA, what are you really reviewing?
Yeah if that’s not a concern to him then I don’t know. Maybe feel and clicky sounds? He’s a coyote hunter so no telling. Haha

If you don’t care about eye box, eye relief, FOV, CA, what are you really reviewing?
Yeah this fudd is a fucking retard lmao. I keep forgetting how stupid he is and clicking on the videos. Basically no measurable metric matters to him, and if it matters to you you're a tactical moron.

Good grief.

Last edited:
I love mine so far! Tight eye box but better glass than the Gen 3, as to be expected on a smaller and lighter package. I don't love the price or the rifle it came on but I don't regret the decision. Once my LGS sells the rifle for me it won't be as painful. I was between this and the S&B so once the rifle sells it is the cheaper of the 2 scopes. I just really wanted something more compact and I really don't like the March reticle options. This worked out great for me overall. I only know of 1 other person that got it and he also does not regret it, even having to buy a shit rifle to get it as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 138