• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex AMG turret quirk

Awesymoto

Awesymoto outdoors
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2011
Eye da hoe
sites.google.com
I’ve noticed that when I make an adjustment via the zeroing wheel on my elevation the wheel moves about 0.15 mills up when I tighten the locking set screws, if I hold the wheel in place with an Allen key and then tighten the set screws this doesn’t happen, any ideas? Also when I dial up elevation there is a suction that pulls the knob back down to the locked position about 8 mills in it can be overridden by holding the knob up but it happens and is odd. Anybody else have this issue?

The slight movement when tightening Allen after zeroing happens at times. Happens in a couple of my Razors. I think it's how the screw interacts with the turret. I just hold the dial in place and tighten. Got into the habit of doing it all the time on all of them and not a problem. It's not a defect or anything of a real issue or anything they can fix.

The other issue sounds like it might be O ring related but give Vortex a call tomorrow. They will get you straightened out.

Reactions: Awesymoto