• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex AMG vs HD2 4.5-27

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    Am I missing something? A while ago I was in the market and the AMG was priced above the price of the gen2 4.5-27 Japan models. However it seems now the AMG is priced lower than the 4.5-27. I currently have the vortex razor gen 1 5-20 and am possibly thinking of upgrading. I’m a union electrician and see the value in an American made product, but is the 4.5-27 significantly more superior?

(Went back 7 pages and saw no similar posts, hope this hasn’t already been covered)

THANKS

What’s it for? Hunting? Care about weight? Those have been covered. I do know the gen 2 is the shit but is weight and reticle mean a lot to you and you like the amg reticle then there’s your answer

Street prices go up and down with scopes. The AMG MSRP is still higher than the Razor II but what vendors sell them for can fluctuate. Especially this time of year. If you wanted and AMG and now found it cheaper you should consider that a win and not second guess it. Nothing to do with superiority. Both are excellent optics. Pick the one that works best for your needs.

Reactions: jda2631