• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Binoculars Help

dpreston

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Western Pa
I am just about to purchase a set of Vortex Razor 8x42 binoculars.

Has anyone had a chance to use these? How did you like them? Is there any better quality optics for the same price?

Thanks

Re: Vortex Binoculars Help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just about to purchase a set of Vortex Razor 8x42 binoculars.

Has anyone had a chance to use these? How did you like them? Is there any better quality optics for the same price?

Thanks </div></div>

They work great and you will be had pressed to do better than them at their price.

Yep, what Chiller said. To get much better you're looking at stepping up to Swaro, Leica and Zeiss. I own Leicas, but have to say that Vortex is a better value.

I cant say on the razors but I have had great results with the viper in the same power/size you are looking at for the last two years. I compared them to my own and friends Nikon, Steiner, Swarovski and Kahles. For the money they are great! You can spend quite a bit more $ and not see any discernable difference, and I would buy them again, what more can I say…

I have purchased 2 sets of Vortex bino's of Scott at Liberty Optics compared them with a friends Leica and swaroski,he could not tell the differance.I love them, great value for money

I have used my 12x50 Vortex Razors for 4 years, They have been put thru some very tough conditions with weather and terrain and still are as good as the day I received them, we all know that everything has its limits be it an accidental drop or mishap or just having a mechanical issue. But confidence in having a product that works and if ever needed, a company that will back the product with a great customer service and VIP warranty program that is second to none is what I depend on.

Trusting and having glass be it the scopes or bino’s that’s needed to get things done, is being confident and prepared to achieve versus not knowing and losing on the opportunity

Just my opinion