• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex bubble level? Good?

madav8r

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Im looking for an offset bubble level for a 1 in tube and wont break the bank. Does anyone know about the vortex level? How durable is it? I want a level that can go into the field and im not afraid of it getting snagged or broken under normal use. Thanks

Re: Vortex bubble level? Good?

Since your worried about breaking one I was going to give you one for free. I think mine is for a 35MM tube so it wont work. Sorry for the confusion.

I like mine. Mind you I'm dragging it through the bush. It's milled aluminum and looks like the bubble was pushed through a hole in the end of the milling. Mounts right to the 30mm tube and looks great. Take a shot on one. If you don't like it I'm pretty sure that you can move it on the forums here. A lot of people saw mine and were thinking of picking one up.

I use one and it works as intended. I like it because it is offset slightly so I can glance up in my periphery to check it without having to move off the gun.

I use Vortex bubble level on Vortex Razor scope (35mm bubble fits perfectly on scope's 35m tube). Very convenient to use, like RobG said.

Good, yes… I have two or three now and my only complaints are the level has edges that should be rounded off and the screws are a little difficult to mount as one must be tightened from below.