• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Customer Service Killing It!

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    I just wanted to give a big thank you and job well done to Vortex. I recently purchased a Gen II Razor here off the PX and when I got it I noticed the reticle looked canted a bit. I went ahead and mounted it to confirm that it was not just some sort of an optical illusion while holding it freehand. It was definitely canted. So I called up Vortex and they sent me a shipping label and UPS picked it up on 11/16/20. I received an email saying that they received the scope the following day. I was shocked to see a return tracking number email on 11/20/20 With an expected delivery on 11/21/20. At this point I was very impressed but in the back of my mind I was expecting to have a note in the box stating that the scope was “in specs” or something like that due to the fast turnaround time.

Literally 20 minutes after I checked my email and seeing the return tracking (I refuse to have email come to my phone) I get a knock at the door. It was the brown Santa with a box sealed up with Vortex tape. I was blown away that they turned it and got it back to me so fast! But the best part is they did identify the reticle was canted and they adjusted it back to specs. It is clearly no longer canted, the scope lenses are spotless. I have had several scopes (NF ATACR F1 & a few PMII) fail on me and have always had excellent customer service from both Nightforce and Schmidt and Bender but nothing in the range of 4 days door to door.

In short, well done and thank you Vortex!

I sent them an email on a set of rings that broke a couple months ago. They IMMEDIATELY sent me a replacement set but upgraded to the Pro rings. I got them in less than a week from sending the email. They also sent me a 20% off certificate. Keep up the good work Vortex!

Reactions: jbell
    I hope I never have to send one back, but if I do, it's nice to know they're Top Notch!
    Mac

First time I’ve heard of someone sending in a razor for anything.

Vortex’s customer service is definitely top notch. Sent in a viper Hs that wouldn’t hold zero and had it back to my door in 5 days from the time I dropped it off to get shipped.

If a scope is going to fail I believe it will fail with me, and I do not beat on my gear I just have bad luck. Hell I have had 3 S&B PMII 5-25X56 go down, they all can fail...

I will never own another USO scope again due to poor CS. My lesson cost me hundreds of $ in shipping and months of wait time!

Reactions: Rob01
    People dog Vortex all the time, and it’s usually baseless. The ONE time I sent a Gen 1 PST in for a tracking issue the tech working on the scope called me to tell me what was wrong and how he was fixing it.

And that’s why both of my rifles have Vortex glass.

I love hearing stories like this about a company that 100% stands behind their product.That is why I will be buying another Vortex product.

I sent in a spitfire 1 x prism gen 2 because illumination woulnt work out of the box. A girl called and said they didnt have mine in stock but said i could get a 3 x instead. i said thats 100 dollars more. she told me they would eat the cost, because it was on them that the other wasnt in stock. 2 days later i had it. I have a razor gen 2 now also

Reactions: Long_Action
    Had to send in a range finder and they were very prompt. Little bit of a lead time (2-3 weeks iirc) but excellent service as always.

Im on my second SE. First couldn't hold zero and glass was terrible. Vortex confirmed bad image quality, zero issue wasnt addressed. 3 weeks later I received replacement SE. Exact image issue as the first. At this point, I just want out.

Im on my second SE. First couldn't hold zero and glass was terrible. Vortex confirmed bad image quality, zero issue wasnt addressed. 3 weeks later I received replacement SE. Exact image issue as the first. At this point, I just want out.
    Buys cheap China scope, gets cheap China scope results, complains on internet.

• Haha
    Reactions: pk5333 and jbell

Hmm odd. I have heard of a few issues with them of knobs numbers not lining up but never any serious image issues. Might as well give them one more try to make it right. I have had mine on my Vudoo since they came out and the knobs get cranked a lot and no issues with zero and the image is good. Let them fix/replace it and see how third goes.

@vortex.nick any advice?

That is the take away. Have had issues with S&B, NF, and more than one USO so it happens. It’s how it’s handled that says something about how the company feels about its customers.

This is exactly why I started this thread. I try and support the companies who support me. I race mountain bikes in endurance events and my team has some awesome support from some great companies who really care about their customers and their products (like Vortex) and the best way I can say thank you to them (other than putting their products on the podium when I can) is to simply spread the word. I do this as honestly and genuine as I can, it not only helps out those great companies but hopefully it can help get people into good gear that they can depend on.

Reactions: Rob01
    By the way I got that scope mounted and out to the range today to do some testing to make sure it is ready for my daughter to shoot in some matches coming up and it was spot on. So to bring this full circle the repair has been validated. Here are my daughters rifles one with the scope that was repaired:
    IMG_20201121_140240595_HDR.jpg

Reactions: black5.3