• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex customer service thumbs up

dpilot83

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2010
I bought a used Vortex Viper PST 4-16 x 50 FFP scope on another forum. When I received it I found the the ring marks on the tube were actually indentations. The tube was literally bent in due to improper mounting. I called Vortex and they suggested that I either send it to them for analysis or mount it up and do some tracking tests with it to see how it worked.

Since my mount and rings were back ordered, I opted to send it in for them to look at it. When I got it back it was a different used scope (same model of course) without any damage. I don't see how they can have that good of customer service and still be in business but I must say, I'm impressed. Thanks Vortex!

wow thats impressive. Most companies won't help at all unless you are the original purchaser. Good to hear

That's why Vortex is my go to company for optics. You just can't ask for any more from a company.

I bought a used Vortex Viper PST 4-16 x 50 FFP scope on another forum. When I received it I found the the ring marks on the tube were actually indentations. The tube was literally bent in due to improper mounting. I called Vortex and they suggested that I either send it to them for analysis or mount it up and do some tracking tests with it to see how it worked.

Since my mount and rings were back ordered, I opted to send it in for them to look at it. When I got it back it was a different used scope (same model of course) without any damage. I don't see how they can have that good of customer service and still be in business but I must say, I'm impressed. Thanks Vortex!

Love Vortex CS. How easy it it to deform the body of an aluminum scope?

i dont know how there customer service is because they still havent sent me my scope but if they are that good at customer service maybe its worth the wait in the mean time i picked up a mark ffp. and the amazing part is that i will have it tomorrow and i ordered it yesterday. Vortex needs to get their importers on track with delivering goods to the US

i dont know how there customer service is because they still havent sent me my scope but if they are that good at customer service maybe its worth the wait in the mean time i picked up a mark ffp. and the amazing part is that i will have it tomorrow and i ordered it yesterday. Vortex needs to get their importers on track with delivering goods to the US

What you have to take into consideration is the difference in demand for the two scopes your are talking about. I don't have any official stats to support this but I'd say the current demand for Vortex scopes, especially the PST line, is a lot higher than Leupold MK4 scopes. Vortex has always stated they are getting them out to vendors as quickly as possible and I have no reason to doubt that. They have also said that they will not take any shortcuts that may have a negative impact on quality in order to speed up manufacturing/shipping. I think that's a good thing. The PST line has been out for about 3 years now and dealers still have trouble keeping them in stock. It seems to be the same way with the Viper HS line. I also think that is a good thing. It tells me that it is a good product at a good price point which is causing the demand to be a lot higher. I'm not knocking Leupold cause I've spent a whole lot of time behind a MK4 and they've been the old workhorse of optics for a long time but I really think Vortex has a great thing going.

So what do you think about vortex moving every aspect of their operation to the USA. Do you think it will get much better here. I mean the wait time nothing else nothing bad to say about the product I have a hs on my savage and love it.

All of the great stories I heard about Vortex CS was a huge determining factor in purchasing 2 PST's.
Peace of mind knowing they back their products up 100%. Great company producing great products. Win win

So what do you think about vortex moving every aspect of their operation to the USA. Do you think it will get much better here. I mean the wait time nothing else nothing bad to say about the product I have a hs on my savage and love it.

Hmm, I don't know. I'd say that it probably would speed things up, maybe. I would also say that it would cause their prices to raise considerably. I don't know if that would be good or bad. I know we all like to buy products that are 100% made in the USA but we all also like to keep as much of our money in our pockets as we can, or at least I know I do! LOL

I think it would be faster if they move production. For 2 reasons.

1) Less shipping time

2) a 949 dollar pst would cost 2000 dollars and demand would go down considerably. I think if they moved to the us and kept the price the same (probably impossible) the wait time would double becuase demand would triple

I think it would be faster if they move production. For 2 reasons.

1) Less shipping time

2) a 949 dollar pst would cost 2000 dollars and demand would go down considerably. I think if they moved to the us and kept the price the same (probably impossible) the wait time would double becuase demand would triple

Very good point. I agree!

its threads like this why I own multiple PSTs! Haven't had an issue with one yet but I know when I do it will be taken care of!

Vortex service is second to none. They definitely set the bar for helping customers.