• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex customer sevice

Ranger188

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2018
Just wanted to post the excellent service I received from Vortex optics.
Had a problem with my scope shifting, groups would shift.
Called Vortex up and told them the problem, didn't dismiss it, just said it's rare
and to send it in and they will check it out. ( I only live 1.5 hours away from them)
Sent to them on Monday, they received it Tuesday and sent an e-mail saying they received it.
They detected scope shift during impact test and fixed it. Sent back out the same day and
I received today (Wednesday) WOW WOW
Thats service. Now hope it shoots like it did before the problem.

Didn't want to say. Worried that anyone else with the same scope would start sending them in
and Vortex would get flooded with scopes that didn't have a problem only because that person couldn't shoot well
and blamed it on the scope. I knew I had a problem, it would shoot a nice little group and "shift" and shoot
a nice little group next to the first one. Shot this scope for 2-3 years and knew how it shot and just noticed
this happening and thought it was my load. So I adjusted it and didn't help. Someone suggested it could be the scope
and thought I had nothing to loose by sending in and it turned out to be the scope and not my loads.

I had a great service experience too. Sent my scope in and had it back in 1 week from the day I sent it in. Wish the elevation turret hadn’t broken, but the customer warranty experience from Vortex was first class.

Reactions: TACC
WAY better than Burris. I waited 6 weeks for them to replace my scope and I live an hour away. Steiner repair times are in the shitter too.

Every time I've sent something in to Vortex they've had my scope back in 7 days tops.

Reactions: TACC
They do fix stuff and make it easy.

I do wish I hadn't needed it so often. One of the reasons I don't have much of anything left. Can't justify keeping them if I keep needing to send them off.

Reactions: Birddog6424
WAY better than Burris. I waited 6 weeks for them to replace my scope and I live an hour away. Steiner repair times are in the shitter too.

Every time I've sent something in to Vortex they've had my scope back in 7 days tops.

Yeah, I'm on 7 weeks now, awaiting a replacement (received an e-mail last week saying the scope couldn't be fixed and a replacement was in order). Not a lot of communication in this process, but at least something is happening.

Vortex on the other hand, like others have mentioned, have had replacements out within a week...

Yeah, I'm on 7 weeks now, awaiting a replacement (received an e-mail last week saying the scope couldn't be fixed and a replacement was in order). Not a lot of communication in this process, but at least something is happening.

Vortex on the other hand, like others have mentioned, have had replacements out within a week...

I'm glad you are getting the scope issue taken care of Marine. Sorry it didnt happen faster.

At the end of the day no one can deny that Vortex is geared up for fast service. They raised the bar for the industry. I would hope speed isnt the only criteria we use to judge good service these days. Plenty of companies have great CS but aren't as fast as Vortex.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI

Burris replaced your scope and you're still unhappy?

have to hand it to vortex they do have great customer service , and you can send them back for any reason , anytime not too many questions asked . fix repair or replace not a bad deal .

Burris replaced your scope and you're still unhappy?
Yeah they replaced it. It took 6 weeks to get it back. I had my Steiner Gen 1 Military scope there for 6 weeks as well to be repaired, and my Steiner binoculars in for a dim display which they said was normal (which I know to be untrue but they don't want to send them to Germany for a new display cell). If you look on the website the lead times are 2-4 weeks. And when Dustin was in charge of the repair dept. they had a two week turnaround.

I worked at Burris in the repair dept 10 years ago and the turnaround times weren't that long. If it was going to take awhile, we called the customer to let them know and explain why it was taking longer than normal.

I have a Razor 2 that was back at Vortex for 1 week. They fixed it, made sure it was right, contacted me through the whole process, and I answered any questions they had to make sure the issue was fixed.

Curious as well, thinking about buying a gen 2 razor

Razor II scopes are very reliable and rarely go back so doesn't matter what scope he had an issue with. Any scope can have an issue. I have sent back S&B's, USOs, NF etc with issues but doesn't mean anything as any scope brand can break from time to time. The Razor II has a great rep so don't stress the purchase.

I don’t think there is really any comparison between Vortex and Burris when it comes to warranty, they both seem to have issues, but Vortex seems to take care of it a lot faster. Six weeks is too long.

I humbly disagree. And this isnt a Burris thing for me. I want to be taken care of, and 6 or even 8 weeks to get it right doesn't matter to me. I've sent in plenty of items that took fair turn around time without complaint. In the end they got it right without issue. I have nothing but good things to say about those companies.

If an optics company is willing to stand behind their product, try to fix my scope, determine that it simply needs to be replaced, and does so, I'm pretty damn happy about that. If it takes some time, so be it.

At the risk of playing Devil's Advocate here, I think some of you have unfair expectations. Getting your scope replaced is damn good customer service. If you no longer agree with that, then you've become spoiled. Getting it fast isnt the point, it's just a bonus. Getting it right, is the point.

I wouldn't have said anything if they were within 2-4 weeks like their website says. Setting the expectation plays a big role in how a customer perceives good service.

I agree with you. From Burris' perspective, if they aren't the 2 to 4 weeks expectation they set forth on the webpage, they need to change that or contact the customer and set a new expectation.

I humbly disagree. And this isnt a Burris thing for me. I want to be taken care of, and 6 or even 8 weeks to get it right doesn't matter to me. I've sent in plenty of items that took fair turn around time without complaint. In the end they got it right without issue. I have nothing but good things to say about those companies.

If an optics company is willing to stand behind their product, try to fix my scope, determine that it simply needs to be replaced, and does so, I'm pretty damn happy about that. If it takes some time, so be it.

At the risk of playing Devil's Advocate here, I think some of you have unfair expectations. Getting your scope replaced is damn good customer service. If you no longer agree with that, then you've become spoiled. Getting it fast isnt the point, it's just a bonus. Getting it right, is the point.

I’ve sent stuff back to Vortex, Burris / Steiner, Nightforce, Kahles, and Bushnell.

Bushnell and Burris are the only two companies I’ve had bad experiences with. Bushnell made it right in the end, but I’ll never buy a Burris product ever again.

If I have to relentlessly argue with you that the illumination is flickering on a $600 scope and send it back multiple times, you have problems.

Vortex has straight up shipped me a new replacement scope (costing twice as much as the Burris in my experience above) blindly with a mere explanation of my issue.

I’m not sure if it’s the European ownership at Burris thats to blame for the poor post-purchase experience, but there’s an very obvious problem when scores of people will take the time to roast you for how bad your service department is.

The foundation of any company should be based on customer service. It is a shame that fact is largely forgotten now. Vortex will always be successful long as they remember this. That said I own a couple of their scopes and have not needed to see for myself yet.

:unsure: You can get a bad meal at the best restaurant in town. The way they deal with it determines if you come back.

Reactions: Stoweit
All my business goes to Vortex, unquestionably the best Customer Service, and support for Military and First responders.

Reactions: tydex21
I had one of the early Vortex Razor AMG 6-24x50s and had the O-Ring fail on my elevation turret, locking it up. Sent it in for warranty, shipping to them was on my dime. When I received the scope back it was no longer in the same condition as when I sent it in. It came back with 2 chips in the anodizing on the objective bell, the purge screw slot was chipped, and there was a long hair like scratch on the objective lens. I am anal about my lenses and cleaning and have yet to clean it. It just didn't need it. I emailed them about it and instantly received an apology and a return slip. A brand new in the box AMG was sent to me after they received mine.

Reactions: tydex21 and Rob01
I had an issue with my Viper PST Gen II slipping past the zero stop. Gave them a call, and within 5 minutes I had a video in my email on how to re-time my zero stop. Too easy.

Reactions: tydex21
I have a Diamondback FFP scope with two flaws in the objective glass, I purchased the scope when they first came out and recently pulled it out of the box. I’m debating on sending it in or just “swapping” it at a local retailer. I’m a bit annoyed at having to pay shipping for warranty on a scope with a manufacturing defect. I was going to use this scope on my .22 trainer.

Attachments

• B06A34B6-CEEB-463D-8D4D-FBBC05124272.jpeg
    B06A34B6-CEEB-463D-8D4D-FBBC05124272.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 43
I’ve had several Vortex scopes but recently had to send one in for the first time. They fixed the issue and had it heading back to me in about 48 hours. Got it back and it looks great. They also provided an explanation of exactly what they did which was a nice.