• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Defender Caps for Athlon Cronus

The Vortex website has all the answers you need

So i just got my Cronus and i would suggest to go with something else for the occular end. I usually run vortex on the objective and then a cap with a flip button (butler creek) on the occular. My vortex occular cap moves when I try and open it, on my Cronus and yes it is the correct size (I got them with the scope from a member). Just my opinion as I know other members use them on both ends.

My Vortex Defender caps fit perfectly fine on my Cronus. O-56 for the objective (on the Cronus sunshade) and E-10 for the eyepiece. They've been on there for a few months and are still solid. I've noticed on other optics that the Defender caps do tend to get loose over time, even on Vortex scopes. I suppose you could always give them a quick dip in hot water to shrink them back up.

I had a set of Vortex caps on a Gen 1 PST and never liked them at all. I felt like the rubber part never held well to the scope body and would come off completely when trying to flip up the caps. The ocular piece would not sit evenly because it would contact the illumination knob. I would probably get BC caps if I am on a budget otherwise I would go the Aadamount route if he had some to fit my scope or tenebraex, they both fit scopes much better and are higher quality material.

I second the above opinion. I also had them on a pst gen 1 and the eye piece cover came off every. single. time I tried to flip it up. Haven’t been a fan since. I’m sure they work well on something. I hear good reviews all the time. Just my experience

Does anyone else’s defender caps get loose when the temp drops? Now I can’t open the caps without the whole cap coming off the scope.

Does anyone else’s defender caps get loose when the temp drops? Now I can’t open the caps without the whole cap coming off the scope.

Its okay, contact Vortex about your issue. They have a really good Warrenty!!! I kid, I kid.

Yup. Seems to happen more often in colder temps