• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Fury 5k AB

Ben Dover

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2012
North Carolina
So I just had my bino's delivered from Liberty Optics... I was very excited to finally have my own LRF Bino's instead of using loaners from good friends. I am now puzzled. I tried to download the Fury app. on my S20 and get a message that says the app was designed for older android and will not work on my phone. Is there some way I can connect these bino's to my AB app? Any advice/help/guidance or insults some one would send my way would be appreciated.
Screenshot_20230308_183133_Google Play Store.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 338dude
That's weird. I have an S23 and it runs on mine. Maybe there's a link from the Vortex website that will let you download it.

Well looked through the bino's today in the day light and found this... I am guessing this is not normal. These were shipped straight to me from Vortex. The boxes were undamaged...

Attachments

• 20230309_073903.jpg
    20230309_073903.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 167
So I just had my bino's delivered from Liberty Optics... I was very excited to finally have my own LRF Bino's instead of using loaners from good friends. I am now puzzled. I tried to download the Fury app. on my S20 and get a message that says the app was designed for older android and will not work on my phone. Is there some way I can connect these bino's to my AB app? Any advice/help/guidance or insults some one would send my way would be appreciated.View attachment 8092228
New member here. I have received the same message on my S23. Any new info on a solution? I have a message into Vortex. If that cannot be resolved are we able to calibrate the binos. Obviously, we won't be able to use the full capabilities...

The Android app hasn't been updated since July 2021, so I'm not too surprised. They will probably fix it soon, but I'd call Vortex

I really like my Fury HD 5000 ABs, but the UX of the Fury HD app really sucks and the UI isn't the best. It's even worse if you've used other apps, like Leica's Ballistics Elite app

Vortex fixed the app and sent me a new set of binos. Wish they would work with my AB app instead of the fury app.... But i feel its still pretty good bang for the buck.

So I just had my bino's delivered from Liberty Optics... I was very excited to finally have my own LRF Bino's instead of using loaners from good friends. I am now puzzled. I tried to download the Fury app. on my S20 and get a message that says the app was designed for older android and will not work on my phone. Is there some way I can connect these bino's to my AB app? Any advice/help/guidance or insults some one would send my way would be appreciated.View attachment 8092228
The app has updated.

Well looked through the bino's today in the day light and found this... I am guessing this is not normal. These were shipped straight to me from Vortex. The boxes were undamaged...
I’ve heard this mentioned before (reflection)Unfortunately you’ll have to send them back and they will send you a new pair.

Anyone else having bugs with the app again? EDIT TO ADD: Vortex CS got me squared away, and quick!

Last edited: