• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex GEN 3 Razor Price increase.

Still only $1900 delivered from Liberty Optics with an estimated 90 day backorder.

;)

On a more serious note, Expert Voice pricing already reflects the new higher MSRP. I'm guessing Euro Optic and everyone else will bump their prices shortly as well. A 20% jump in MSRP all at once on the G3 6-36 is pretty substantial; if you want one at the mil/le/vet/first responder discount percentage subtracted from the old MSRP price at Euro Optic, I'd get that order placed ASAP, because new price after the mil/le/vet/first responder discount is probably going to be $480 higher like it now is at Expert Voice.

Non mil/le/vet/first responder can still get them for $2550 with the VTX15 coupon at Euro right now. If they do bump the MSRP 20% in the next day or two the new price is probably going to be $3060 after the VTX15 coupon, so $510 higher. Oof.

Looks like price bumps for other Vortex scopes too. LHT up 10%, Razor 1-10 up 11%, etc.

Wonder if Euro Optic will bump the MSRP and sell price on their inventory of black 6-36s even though they're already on the shelf and paid for since it was a custom run for them...

Last edited:
Saw this the other day right before I used a 30% off map cert that was about to expire at eurooptic. Looks like timing was on my side, it was $2700 off MSRP lol.

Reactions: Euro.Connor
I wonder what the reason for this is. I picked up one of the black Razors from EuroOptic for $2450 a couple months ago so I guess I got in just in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DubfromGA
Glad I got my black G3 6-36x from Euro a few months ago for the $2449 sale price... I'd say they're worth the $2,500 price, but I wouldn't pay over that for one. My prediction, is with the Razor G3 prices going up, the Zeiss LRP S3 will start getting a lot more traction. Owning both, I'd say they're matched pretty evenly.

The G3 is extremely popular in PRS, no one is going to be buying a LRP S3... Just like no one is buying one now. IMHO.

Price won't change purchasing decisions.
There's a whole bunch of people buying/have bought LRP S3's. They're great scopes. Yeah, Zeiss could have gone a little thinner on the reticle, but it's not a bad reticle design. It's just as basic as the G3's.

And yeah, an $800 price jump at once will change A LOT of people's purchasing decisions. They are not worth anywhere near the old $4,000 List price, and damn-sure ain't worth the [ZCO & TT territory] new $4,800 List price. If I had to pick between the TT and the G3, I'm going to buy the TT everyday. Same with ZCO. 😂

There's a whole bunch of people buying/have bought LRP S3's. They're great scopes. Yeah, Zeiss could have gone a little thinner on the reticle, but it's not a bad reticle design. It's just as basic as the G3's.

And yeah, an $800 price jump at once will change A LOT of people's purchasing decisions. They are not worth anywhere near the old $4,000 List price, and damn-sure ain't worth the [ZCO & TT territory] new $4,800 List price. If I had to pick between the TT and the G3, I'm going to buy the TT everyday. Same with ZCO. 😂
Next weekend will be the first major match for the 2024 PRS season, over 200+ shooters from around the country. I can probably guess with complete accuracy who will be shooting a ZeissLRP S3... Single digits or close to zero.

Just my observation having traveled and shot all over the country the last several years.🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Next weekend will be the first major match for the 2024 PRS season, over 200+ shooters from around the country. I can probably guess with complete accuracy who will be shooting a ZeissLRP S3... Single digits or close to zero.

Just my observation having traveled and shot all over the country the last several years.🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
You do realize that not everything revolves around shooting comps, right? Most people (with a brain) couldn't give less of a shit about comp shooters. Most are at least smart enough to know that most of those guys are sponsored heavily. Therefore, what they shoot isn't necessarily the best thing out there...It's just the best thing their sponsor offers. Or, they pick the best thing from the company with the best CS and warranty, so if their scope shits-out, they can easily get a new one with minimal turn-around time and headache.

You do realize that not everything revolves around shooting comps, right? Most people are at least smart enough to know that most of those guys are sponsored heavily. Therefore, what they shoot isn't necessarily the best thing out there...It's just the best thing their sponsor offers.
99% of comp shooters are NOT sponsored. People buy their own gear with their own money.

You do realize that not everything revolves around shooting comps, right? Most people (with a brain) couldn't give less of a shit about comp shooters. Most are at least smart enough to know that most of those guys are sponsored heavily. Therefore, what they shoot isn't necessarily the best thing out there...It's just the best thing their sponsor offers. Or, they pick the best thing from the company with the best CS and warranty, so if their scope shits-out, they can easily get a new one with minimal turn-around time and headache.
Imagine thinking more than a handful of guys at a match are sponsored with free optics. LMFAO bruh.

Bro Vortex has gone insane w these G3 prices lol. WTAF are they considering as competition for this optic lol

Let’s be honest, an $800 increase in MSRP from Vortex probably translates to a $500 increase in purchase price at most. No one is paying MSRP.

Reactions: Nik H
If we see a ~$7-800 increase in the G3, I think we're (and Vortex) going to find out about the price elasticity of their flagship model pretty quickly. Im sure they've figured the price vs demand, and have determined that they'll still come out ahead.

It's ballsy though. They're opening the door for competition with that much of a hike regardless. The G3 Razor was sitting pretty comfortable at/near the top of the $2-3K market. Moving it up I think is going to create a vacuum in that spot more than it is convince people to spend more in this economy.

I really wanted to like the S3 but the translating turrets and mainly the reticle didn't agree with me; nice scope at a good price otherwise though. Spent a little more and bought a third G3 instead, might buy a fourth G3 for a backup/loaner (which will probably turn into building something new to put under it, lol.)

Regarding the price, Vortex always has high MSRPs but lets dealers advertise and sell well back of the MSRP. Even though the new +20% MSRP of the G3 is $4800 the street price is still going to be well under a new ZCO 527 and *way* under a new TT 5-25 or 7-35. However, with the Razor G3 street price likely going up $525ish that really closes the gap between a new G3 to a used ZCO 527 or TT 5-25. Rather amusing to think the new street price of a razor G3 might now be more than a used S&B 5-25, never thought I'd see that happen. Be interesting to see if the price of used G3's jumps up to reflect the new price.

All this talk of Vortex price increases is making us all turn into Scopeye... lol. Can we get a new G3 6-36 at Walmart for $599.99 yet?

You think all those liberty optic deals finally caught up? They were being winch good guys and honoring his prices and ensuring people got their orders.

Kinda reminds me of the stimulus checks. We’re paying for them now.

Doubt that had anything to do with it, as around either veterans day or memorial day last year the Euro optic mil/le/vet sale price was Vortex authorized and even lower than the now infamous Liberty Optics $1900 sale price.

This is probably just another first of the year price increase that many suppliers are going to hit us with, but 20% all at once is certainly more than the 5-10% increases we're seeing on other items.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
Lots of this happening, Bushnell increased the price of the Match Pro ED by almost 10%, and looks like they might have dropped the cheaper Match pro 6-24x from the lineup. You can find it on their webpage listed as "in store only" but it's not under their normal riflescope search/categories if you look at say target scopes etc..

It also seems like Bushnell and Vortex really must have cracked down on stores with low prices. 2-3 months ago you could find tons of stores selling 5-25 PST 2's EBR 7C MRADs for ~$800 and now every one of them is locked into the same ~$1099 price. There were also several stores selling the Match Pro ED's at ~$600, and now ever one of them is listed at MRSP of $749.

Let’s be honest, an $800 increase in MSRP from Vortex probably translates to a $500 increase in purchase price at most. No one is paying MSRP.
Still not worth $3,500 street price. Not worth $3K street price. $2,500 is about where that scope lands, which is where the upper-end of LOW scopes range. Anything over $2,500 and it better have SCHOTT glass at least, even if it's built in Japan. But $3K or more, it better be built by someone who uses the words "Ja" and "Nein", and has a questionable heritage from 1933-1945... 😂

Last edited:
Lots of this happening, Bushnell increased the price of the Match Pro ED by almost 10%, and looks like they might have dropped the cheaper Match pro 6-24x from the lineup. You can find it on their webpage listed as "in store only" but it's not under their normal riflescope search/categories if you look at say target scopes etc..

It also seems like Bushnell and Vortex really must have cracked down on stores with low prices. 2-3 months ago you could find tons of stores selling 5-25 PST 2's EBR 7C MRADs for ~$800 and now every one of them is locked into the same ~$1099 price. There were also several stores selling the Match Pro ED's at ~$600, and now ever one of them is listed at MRSP of $749.
I think it's more stores got a heads-up notice of the price increases, and got greedy and went ahead and jacked-up the prices on their current stock they bought for cheaper, and are now offering them at the NEW street price, so when they get more in, people aren't shocked after SHOT.

The G3 is extremely popular in PRS, no one is going to be buying a LRP S3... Just like no one is buying one now. IMHO.

Price won't change purchasing decisions.

From 2014 to 2018, the PRS and 3 Gun was dominated by the Gen II Razor. I still own my 6x Razor, it's a great optic. But I don't see the GenIII at anywhere near those kinds of numbers. I think Vortex took way too long to bring this scope to market. There are now a multitude of great optics that perform very well in the PRS from $1500 to $2200, and price does matter. Other brands have and will get the nod if a shooter can save $500 to $700 and get an optic they think is just as good.

I've seen the LRP S3 in the wild. No, there won't be tons of them. But everyone you do see is one more optic making the PRS more diverse than it used to be. I went from seeing the rare XTRII, to seeing a decent number of XTRIIIs, to seeing a lot of XTR Pros. It takes time and good product to grab market share. 7 years ago there wasn't an Athlon, Element, Ricon, Tract, Zeiss, Tangent Theta, or ZCO to be seen in the PRS. all the market share those companies have grabbed has been lost by Vortex.

Imagine thinking more than a handful of guys at a match are sponsored with free optics. LMFAO bruh.

Bro Vortex has gone insane w these G3 prices lol. WTAF are they considering as competition for this optic lol

I think its pretty fair to say about 10% of the field of a Pro Series match, give or take, has an optics sponsor. Vortex and Leupold are definitely the lion's share of that. They have the deepest pockets by far, and the MK5 and Razor gets a lot of mileage.

I've been an MD of a Pro Series match for 6 years now. I think that's a pretty fair number based on the sponsored slots I comp and the guys I know that I see at other Pro Series matches.

Still not worth $3,500 street price. Not worth $3K street price. $2,500 is about where that scope lands, which is where the upper-end of LOW scopes range. Anything over $2,500 and it better have SCHOTT glass at least, even if it's built in Japan. But $3K or more, it better be built by someone who uses the words "Ja" and "Nein", and has a questionable heritage from 1933-1945... 😂
Japan’s track record during that stretch is pretty sketchy. And, I’d wager you could find analogs for those words in Japanese. But, the point is well taken. I really like Vortex, but above $3k street price I’m looking elsewhere…

"Putin's Price Hike". ROFLMFAO. Never gets old....
All the liberals hating and blaming Russia and Putin is the most pathetic thing ever. Also, the fact anyone could ever side with Ukraine over Russia given all the information that has been presented since this thing started, is also retarded. Don't worry, I also hate Israel and Palestine, because they're both crooked, disgusting, and evil, too, so... I'm pretty much going to piss off everyone. 😂

We're all just begging to know how many pennies we can save in the heart-stopping decision between which of the Chinese lifetime-warrantied optics is best.
Him constantly on his knees voluntarily blowing Athlon and China, and then them tracking his posts on here, and rolling him over and fucking him like a $2.00 whore on those warranty claims was truly a masterful thing to watch...

"Just buy a bunch of them on your credit card, and open the boxes, and mount them but don't leave ring marks, and whichever ones you don't like, send back for a full-refund...The companies taking a loss for now being forced to sell open-box items isn't my problem..." 🤡🤡🤡

Gents,
Gen3 prices have not increased. If we ever have price increases they will almost always happen on Jan 1. I'd have to double check, but I don't think we raised any actual pricing this year on riflescopes.

Hopefully that helps clear things up.

Best Regards
Scott

Oh hell no!! You are not allowed to come in here using logic and reason!!

And honesty??? No way in hell.

Please delete this comment 🤣

Gents,
Gen3 prices have not increased. If we ever have price increases they will almost always happen on Jan 1. I'd have to double check, but I don't think we raised any actual pricing this year on riflescopes.

Best Regards
Scott

Scott, the MSRP did bump on the vortex website from $3999 to $4799, and expert voice is already reflecting the new higher price as the le/mil/vet discount is calculated as a percentage back from MSRP. The new price at expert voice is almost $500 higher than it was a few days ago...

Sure would be nice if the street price stays the same... I already have 3 (2 from your awesome help during the Liberty Optics fiasco, 1 from Euro Optic on Black Friday) and I may get a 4th...

Gents,

Best Regards
Scott
So, will I still be able to continue to buy the black G3's at EuroOptic ( @Euro.Connor ) for $2449 throughout 2024?

Scott, the MSRP did bump on the vortex website from $3999 to $4799, and expert voice is already reflecting the new higher price as the le/mil/vet discount is calculated as a percentage back from MSRP. The new price at expert voice is almost $500 higher than it was a few days ago...

Sure would be nice if the street price stays the same... I already have 3 (2 from your awesome help during the Liberty Optics fiasco, 1 from Euro Optic on Black Friday) and I may get a 4th...
I'm aware of the MSRP jump and I promise msrp doesn't affect dealer pricing or map.

I thought the black G3's were a one-time run (in like August) of scopes they did for EuroOptic and for whatever reason they just haven't sold them all yet.
Well, I hope they keep making them for Euro, and running them at the same price. Those are a big hit, and it seems most older and traditional folks prefer the black over the rusty brown color. The thing is, I don't think most folks even know they exist. If they did, I bet they'd be selling like hotcakes. LOL

Reactions: LR1845 and msgriff

Attachments

• IMG_2730.jpeg
    IMG_2730.jpeg
    582.4 KB · Views: 121
Even if dealer pricing and MAP stay the same, by raising the MSRP significantly it's giving dealers the ability to raise prices and blame the manufacturer for their increases. There's also obviously been some pricing "pressure" applied to retailers. The fact every retailer now has PST II 5-25's 7C MRADs for $1099 priced across the board now is pretty clear proof of that. You'd only have to go back a couple months to see a range of pricing on those anywhere from $800-1200. The fact they have all fallen in line at $1099 is a clear indication something happened that quickly encouraged all dealers to set one price and in some cases significantly increase that listed price.