• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Gen 4 Hybrid!!!

Chas_97

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2021
North Georgia
0F5D00D5-178F-42EF-AD87-79161B83B129.jpeg
0F5D00D5-178F-42EF-AD87-79161B83B129.jpeg
Friends you’ve seen it here first!
Apparently Vortex has been busy and they have come out with a Gen 4 razor HD hybrid.
To the observant eye The photo will show what I mean by Gen 4 razor HD hybrid.

Dear Vortex.
I coughed up $3000 for this optic, clearly I’ve been sold a manufacturing defect. And I drove six hours to the 1000 yard range only have my entire trip and day off ruined by this lack of manufacturing quality control.

Do the clicks line up? Im assuming they just installed wrong turret cap...hopefully. Im sure they will straighten it out for you.

Reactions: jafo96 and lash
Mrad on wind fine adjustment? Does it move in moa or mil with each click?

Just to clarify here, look closely at the turrets
Elevation is MOA
Windage is MRAD
I’d love to hear from a Vortex company rep

Just to clarify here, look closely at the turrets
Elevation is MOA
Windage is MRAD
I’d love to hear from a Vortex company rep

It looks like they are both in MOA but the fine adjustments on the top are in mil, prob an error from factory and not an issue so long as the actual turrets are MOA. And I cannot really tell by the pictures you posted, one view from side, nothing from top. Better pictures would help.

Well based on my trip to the range yesterday it seems the tracking is ok
But who wants to pay $3k and have this?
Not me

For $3k even if it worked that is poor QC.
What I’m saying is that a single mrad engraved cap ending up on a MOA scope is a much different can of worms than an entire mrad turret ending up on an MOA scope.

If the scope tracks MOA then someone simply grabbed the wrong cap during reassembly. If it actually tracks mrad then that is a logistical nightmare to determine if any additional units are affected.

Shouldn’t have happened either way but one is substantially worse than the other.

It looks like they are both in MOA but the fine adjustments on the top are in mil, prob an error from factory and not an issue so long as the actual turrets are MOA. And I cannot really tell by the pictures you posted, one view from side, nothing from top. Better pictures would help.
No look at the increments on the main turrets
One MOA and one MRAD. Not just the fine adjusts. You can confirm this by counting the number of divisions on the main turrets.
The photo shows the following:
Elevation has four divisions
Windage has five divisions
That’s dead giveaway right?

One MOA and one MRAD. Not just the fine adjusts. You can confirm this by counting the number of divisions on the main turrets.

I only see 4. They both look like MOA to me.

nope. windage has 4.

call vortex

with the time you've spent bitching here you could have solved this problem

Vortex, the very best warranty in the optics world bar none ... cause you’ll need it
There's always worse. Plenty of brands where a warranty ticket is submitted, and hangs in limbo for months at a time.

Nobody wants to make a claim, especially on a brand new product, but if I do, I'd rather it be with a company thats known for taking care of their customers.

Reactions: 143lrsd
at least its a few days. go warranty a kahles as a non VIP. lmk how that goes
Thats a sore subject for me. I just spent 6 months waiting on a warranty return on a rifle. I also harassed every VP and Director at month 6 to get it.

After that pleasant experience, I now factor in a company's customer service reputation and warranty process as a significant part of my buying decision.

Anything can break or be delivered damaged or defective. thats life.

This is what an MRAD windage turret looks like (photo belongs to TheHorta):

04f80149-9f1d-4d3b-8b87-f3a89d309283-jpeg.7809190

Your scope appears to have has an MRAD outer turret cap installed on the MOA windage turret.

And Vortex will take care of it if you take a minute to contact them.

Thats a sore subject for me. I just spent 6 months waiting on a warranty return on a rifle. I also harassed every VP and Director at month 6 to get it.

After that pleasant experience, I now factor in a company's customer service reputation and warranty process as a significant part of my buying decision.

Anything can break or be delivered damaged or defective. thats life.
and then there's a company that will replace your optic in a few days if you run it over with your truck, watch your kid throw it in a bonfire, or drop it down a cliff in the Brooks range

I don’t get it. Just call the company and they will fix it. I’m not a huge Vortex fan, but come on! Mistakes happen. Give them a chance before you crucify them.

It doesn’t matter how much the scope costs. Sometimes mistakes are made. Humans are putting those things together.

If I bitched as much as some people on this site, I wouldn’t have a single scope or rifle.

I don’t get it. Just call the company and they will fix it. I’m not a huge Vortex fan, but come on! Mistakes happen. Give them a chance before you crucify them.

It doesn’t matter how much the scope costs. Sometimes mistakes are made. Humans are putting those things together.

If I bitched as much as some people on this site, I wouldn’t have a single scope or rifle.

y1nC41k.jpg
Pretty much how OP's scope was assembled, right when they decided to personally peg him too.

Not sure what you are talking about. Both main elevation and windage turrets are marked in quarter MOA increments (and no, I don’t see 5 increments on windage).

Windage fine adjustment is certainly in MIL and I can’t see what elevation fine adjustment is w the pic in your OG post

Just send it back to them, mate. This ain’t hard to fix, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
Try calling or emailing them... you'll get a response pretty quick that way. Weird I know, since the obvious choice here was definitely to post on the hide instead.
I called Vortex yesterday, spoke with a rep and confirmed it's a factory defect. Of course a $3000 scope is going back! The purpose of this post is not to discuss the RMA process, but rather to bring to your attention the unusual defect. I was hoping someone from Vortex would contribute to this conversation. Guess we will see.

• Haha
Reactions: jafo96
Don’t be a fag and blast a company without contacting them. You literally could have resolved this in the time it took you to post this.
I called Vortex yesterday genius. This is a quality control problem with Vortex's manufacturing process. Now unwad your panties.

I called Vortex yesterday, spoke with a rep and confirmed it's a factory defect. Of course a $3000 scope is going back! The purpose of this post is not to discuss the RMA process, but rather to bring to your attention the unusual defect. I was hoping someone from Vortex would contribute to this conversation. Guess we will see.
So wait, you called them yesterday and they told you they'd take care of it... yet you still came here to talk shit about them... and say multiple times that you'd like to hear from a Vortex rep? Wasn't that a Vortex rep you heard from yesterday when they told you they would make it right? Are you retarded?

Why don't you contact vortex directly then rather than on public forum? I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out.
I already spoke with Vortex yesterday, obviously I wanted to make public the quality control problem. Why be presumptious and rude when you can just shut your pie hole?

Not sure what you are talking about. Both main elevation and windage turrets are marked in quarter MOA increments (and no, I don’t see 5 increments on windage).

Windage fine adjustment is certainly in MIL and I can’t see what elevation fine adjustment is w the pic in your OG post

Just send it back to them, mate. This ain’t hard to fix, right?
No they are not geez....buy some reading glasses...

Does the word retard offend you? Why would you edit that out?