• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Vortex Golden Eagle

skydiver

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Ohio
Just like some feedback from any users of this scope. I am currently shooting a Savage 10 FCP-K in .308 with a SS 10-40 scope. I shoot mostly between 300 to 600 yards. I have a chance to pick up a Golden Eagle at a good price. How desirable are these Golden Eagle scopes in F class ?

It will serve you well. It is one of the best bang for the buck scopes available for F-Class. I use one with the SCR-1 for F-T/R. Many prefer the ECR-1 reticle, though.

I have a GE and my wife has Kahles. While the Kahles out shines the GE by a bunch, the GE works great at 600! WAY CHEAPER!

The GE is fantastic IMO especially the reticle. I cheaped out and bought an Athlon Argos BTR 10-40X56 instead because it has the same reticle and decent glass for <$400. When/if I grow beyond the Athlon the Golden Eagle will be my Grail scope. You will not be disappointed.

VooDoo

The GE is a great scope, esp for the $$. I think the glass is on par with the older Nightforce NXS 12-42 and not quite up to newer NF Comp scopes, but they cost 60% of the NF.

For comparison purposes I have a GE and several of the NF scopes.