• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Impact 25-75x70mm spotter

MBass300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
Prospect,Ct
With all the good things I've been hearing about Vortex products lately, I've been thinking about picking one of these up. I know Vortex makes some decent glass at a great price, but a 25-75x for $199 does seem a little too good to be true.
Does anyone have any first hand experience with one of these?
I did use the "advanced" search and couldn't find anything, but I can't be the first to ask about them.
I'm mainly interested in the clarity of the glass and eye relief at higher magnifications. Anything has to be beter than what I'm using now.
Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Vortex Impact 25-75x70mm spotter

I'm interested too. Anyone use these? What about the skyline at double the price? Worth it or junk?

I like alot of their stuff and tried one out. For that price range you can't beat the Konus 20-60x80 IMO.

I bought one a few months ago. I've only looked through it once, but it seemed nice. I don't have a lot of experience with spotters though. It is for sale, like new, if anybody needs one. I just put together an AR and need optics for it. PM me if interested.

I bought one about a month ago. I have only used it maybe 5 or 6 times. So far I like it. I shoot any where from 100 out to 1000. The only con I have about it is, it seems to use mirrors to keep the length really short so it needs a lot of light. Around dusk it starts to get kind of hard to see out of it. Other than that I love it and would recommend it for the price. I might change my mind later but so far it has been a really good piece for the price.

Is it useable at 60-75x ?
I have an inexpensive spotter now, and while the glass is pretty good (clear),at 50x the eye relief drops to almost unuseably close.

to me, 75x is just a marketing gimmick. I'd rather have usable 15-45x spotter than a 75x one. One thing i learnt over the years was you need to check size of the illumination. It is the size of lens divided by magnification. A 75x70 spotter has less than 1mm illumination. The view will be too dark.

As I said originally, it does seem too good to be true. I just figured I'd ask around since Vortex seems to be turning out some really good products for the money.
That is an interesting thing about the illumination. I've never seen it as a formula. What would be a suitable ratio (55x65, 60x80)?

I have the Skyline model and it's decent. It's clear and good at the lowest magnification but the more you zoom in the clarity goes down. I also don't like the profile of it, I prefer the 'straight' models instead of looking down from the top of the scope.

Mike