• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Vortex Impact 4000 Rifle/Rail mounted Range finder???

PowPowHawg

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2017
United States
Hope it holds zero and handles recoil because if it does Im sure glad Ive held out over more expensive options! What is the word out there on first hand experiences???

Last edited:
Reactions: Jgunner
I don’t want to get anybody in a pickle with any more. ;) I’m just asking questions here looking for more first hand info. I know you folks are within the hide! Sounds a touch heavier than my liking but well worth carrying with for the cost!

1693247321880.jpeg

1693247330986.jpeg

I am super excited for this release. It is time for the market to have some more competition here.

@rlsmith1 I feel like every diving board setup is basically $100-$150ish, depending on how many parts you need to attach.
True, but the mount is typically $250-$400 so you're all in for $400-$500 which adds up on multiple rifles

Reactions: NHPiper
That diving board is on their Precision Extended (Seekins MXM) mount, which uses the same top rings as their (and Seekins) precision matched rings. Might be able to just buy the board/ring and do a straight swap with any current rings, at least I’m hoping that they’ll sell it as a standalone piece.

Reactions: rlsmith1
I'm looking forward to details. Based on those pictures, it looks like the battery cap is similar to what is on the Bushnell CONX and the battery contacts should be perpendicular to the direction of recoil, both of which are good. It also appears the adjustments are internal vs. external on the Radius, which is a plus in my mind. I really hope this thing has angle range compensation, an anti-cant indicator, decent mount (ideally replaceable by existing aftermarket offerings), holds zero well under recoil, green visible laser, and can be mounted at positions other than 12 o'clock. I certainly don't need a third rail-mounted rangefinder but I have a feeling I'm going to want one of these as long as it isn't priced like it is machined from solid gold.

I'm looking forward to details. Based on those pictures, it looks like the battery cap is similar to what is on the Bushnell CONX and the battery contacts should be perpendicular to the direction of recoil, both of which are good. It also appears the adjustments are internal vs. external on the Radius, which is a plus in my mind. I really hope this thing has angle range compensation, an anti-cant indicator, decent mount (ideally replaceable by existing aftermarket offerings), holds zero well under recoil, green visible laser, and can be mounted at positions other than 12 o'clock. I certainly don't need a third rail-mounted rangefinder but I have a feeling I'm going to want one of these as long as it isn't priced like it is machined from solid gold.
Word on the street is $1999 vortex MSRP. Which I'm guessing means $1500 ish based off vortex pricing schematic...

Anyone have a pic next to radius ? Vortex looks chonkier but specs say radius is bigger

87597D22-924A-46AF-AA6A-C900D5D843A7.jpeg

632C6A34-111F-43E6-8170-C23884233FEE.jpeg

940B4C69-D850-4A73-A490-1B6BE6A976C3.jpeg

Also I’m hoping for external adjustments like Raptar and radius. Scrolling through menus sucks

Reactions: mikefraz and XP1K
Agreed, I was hoping for at least an IR illuminator and AB, but for the price and ranging capability, Im down for a pre-order.

Reactions: AK74U and CrazyDoc
But I want it to weigh as much as an MRF and cost as much as a Radius!

ETA: it isn't using AB, so I wonder if GB allows for updated wind holds based on azimuth? I know there was some drama around that on another unit not having that

“Wind bearing capture mode” combined with internal compass *should* mean yes, but we will see.

I know it was already mentioned above. But are there any rumors on a possible release date? I assume with a spec sheet and map price release date info shouldn’t be far behind lol

ETA: it isn't using AB, so I wonder if GB allows for updated wind holds based on azimuth? I know there was some drama around that on another unit not having that
Might not be a big deal since I believe there is Bluetooth so you can link it to a Kestrel. You can always import the data from the Kestrel to the app and tweak the coefficients. I'd imagine it'll work almost identical.

You cant cant complain too much, yet here you are doing just that.

Looks like it's 2oz lighter than radius and 1oz heavier than Raptor? So what are you expecting a MARS or MRF for $1999?
Please see post #34 for clarification

@Max_R please have a version of your clip on that can disturb the reticle via Bluetooth link to this LRF!! (Unless you are going to include an LRF on the unit itself!)

Curious what the beam divergence is
Second this, I have a set of their 5000AB Binos’ and they work fairly well. But past about 800 yards it struggles to pick out individual targets, which is fine if it has a berm behind it or you can laze the base. But on flat ground that can be harder. Definitely interested in getting one. Hopefully it comes out before the end of the year.

Reactions: mikefraz

I wonder why they went away from AB, since their Fury Binos use AB