• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex LHT 4.5-22x50

opplanet-vortex-razor-hd-lht-4-5-22x50mm-rifle-scope-first-focal-plane-xlr-2-illuminated-reticle-mil-rad-adjustment-black-16-5-x7-75-x4-12-rzr-42202-reticle-2.jpg

Reactions: Jack's Dad
Vortex is using the Strike Eagle style zero stop ?

nice and light

Attachments

• opplanet-vortex-razor-hd-lht-4-5-22x50mm-riflescope-spec-sheet-pdf.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 305
Reactions: Turbwhistle
Look like 6mil 2 rev turret,
so possibly 12mrad usable
Its showing 25m parallax as well
22 oz

I second the cost question, and I need one of these. Looks like a good balance of weight and features, along with good glass.

I'm excited about this one. I played with the 3-15 but was holding out for a little more mag- I guess it's almost time to get one of these ordered.

If street price is sub $1,300, I'd be happy.

Reactions: HolyCity73
This is the scope I used on my sheep hunt back in April. Opticsplanet rushed things a bit. I think it was supposed to be released a few days later.

The scope is made in Japan and it absolutely kicks ass. If you are able to find anywhere in stock over the next year I will be very surprised.

MAP is $1500 if memory serves me right. What the street price is going to be, I can not tell you, but I can't imagine it being discounted in any significant way any time soon.

ILya

Since Optics Planet had premature ejubilation (I swear, this never happens...) it'd be swell for Vortex to rip the bandaid off and GIVE US THE FULL DEETS.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCity73
I see a lot of things I like. While I would of preferred a 3-15x also, I can accept a little less FoV and more weight for that top end on a cross-over rifle.
  • FFP
  • Adjustable parallax
  • Locking elevation
  • Capped windage
  • 13.3" length
  • 21.7oz
Assuming THIS is accurate.

Reactions: Bakwa
This is the scope I used on my sheep hunt back in April. Opticsplanet rushed things a bit. I think it was supposed to be released a few days later.

The scope is made in Japan and it absolutely kicks ass. If you are able to find anywhere in stock over the next year I will be very surprised.

MAP is $1500 if memory serves me right. What the street price is going to be, I can not tell you, but I can't imagine it being discounted in any significant way any time soon.

ILya
Vortex Nation Podcast “spilled the beans” themselves.

I see a lot of things I like. While I would of preferred a 3-15x also, I can accept a little less FoV and more weight for that top end on a cross-over rifle.
  • FFP
  • Adjustable parallax
  • Locking elevation
  • Capped windage
  • 13.3" length
  • 21.7oz
Assuming THIS is accurate.

It is accurate. FOV is actually one of the things you trade for weight. One of the reasons they were able to keep the weight at a moderate level is that they did not push the FOV to be too wide.

I have been using this scope since the beginning of the year on my Fix and did a bunch of offhand shooting on low power. It is pretty easy to get behind and FOV seems sufficient for nearly any hunting or precision shooting application.

ILya

If this thing has reasonably good glass and tracks, they've produced exactly what I've been longing for.
tenor-58.gif

I'm glad that they didn't illuminate the whole tree, I think that was a good move for a crossover scope.
Do you know what the reticle sub tensions are? It'd be nice if they were a little thicker than the EBR-7c.

It looks pretty sweet being so light, I can't help but think the mag range should've been 4-20.
The FOV spec at 4.5x in narrower than the PST 5-25 at 5x.
I can appreciate they sacrificed FOV for weight savings in the LHT line but it pains me to see it so much narrower than the PST line (17% better).
I'm probably just splitting hairs, I'm guessing most folk wont use this scope in tight bush where they need less magnification.

If lightweight and FFP is your thing then I think this scope will be your only option.

I'm glad that they didn't illuminate the whole tree, I think that was a good move for a crossover scope.
Do you know what the reticle sub tensions are? It'd be nice if they were a little thicker than the EBR-7c.

It looks pretty sweet being so light, I can't help but think the mag range should've been 4-20.
The FOV spec at 4.5x in narrower than the PST 5-25 at 5x.
I can appreciate they sacrificed FOV for weight savings in the LHT line but it pains me to see it so much narrower than the PST line (17% better).
I'm probably just splitting hairs, I'm guessing most folk wont use this scope in tight bush where they need less magnification.

If lightweight and FFP is your thing then I think this scope will be your only option.

I'll do a livecast on this scope tomorrow.

I'll talk about the reticle, subtensions, etc.

ILya

I’ll be watching for the link. What’s the YouTube channel?

Thanks!
Apparently an IPhone held vertical won’t show signature lines. If I rotate that bad Larry 90 deg it shows up clear as day.
Glad you pointed that out, cause I was just about to say I don’t see any signature lines.

Thanks!
Apparently an IPhone held vertical won’t show signature lines. If I rotate that bad Larry 90 deg it shows up clear as day.

Didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Either way, I'll set up specific links and post them here when I get home tonight.

Any of you use Rumble? I am debating whether I should cast it there as well.

ILya

Didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Either way, I'll set up specific links and post them here when I get home tonight.

Any of you use Rumble? I am debating whether I should cast it there as well.

ILya
If I remember your a fan of the lht 3-15 in its niche. I like mine but the sfp is a deal killer for me. How does the eyebox compare to the 3-15? I can deal with a little narrower field of view as long as the eyebox is good. For reference in my limited experience the 3-15 has an excellent eyebox for a scope of its type. I was going to get on the wait list for a LRHS2 but this has me rethinking.

Scheduled it for 6PM tomorrow Mountain Time. I'll keep it going for a couple of hours. If there are still questions after that, I can do another one Thursday night.

Youtube link:

Youtube occasionally kills my livecasts, so it will also be on Odysee (decided not to mess with livecasting on Rumble just yet, since they want to charge me a monthly fee for that): https://odysee.com/@DarkLordOfOptics:0

I spent around six months with this scope, so I have a pretty good idea of how it stacks up. I'll start off with a general overview and what I like/dislike. Then, I'll open it up to a Q&A.

ILya

Scheduled it for 6PM tomorrow Mountain Time. I'll keep it going for a couple of hours. If there are still questions after that, I can do another one Thursday night.

Youtube link:

Youtube occasionally kills my livecasts, so it will also be on Odysee (decided not to mess with livecasting on Rumble just yet, since they want to charge me a monthly fee for that): https://odysee.com/@DarkLordOfOptics:0

I spent around six months with this scope, so I have a pretty good idea of how it stacks up. I'll start off with a general overview and what I like/dislike. Then, I'll open it up to a Q&A.

ILya

Looking forward to this livestream.
Would like to hear what scopes (if any) you think are the major competitor to this scope (lightweight FFP) and how you think this compares.
I'm think MK5 3.6-18, Bushnell LRHS, March 3-24 etc.