• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex LHT vs. Trijicon Tenmile HX

Vortex LHT vs. Trijicon Tenmile HX

• Vortex

• Trijicon

Results are only viewable after voting.

6.5Hunter12

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2018
Hello hide,

Looking at putting some glass on my .300 WM hunting rifle and need some opinions/experience with the two referenced scopes. Specifically the LHT 3-15x42 with MRAD reticle compared to the 3-18x50 Tenmile HX also with a MRAD reticle. Both scopes are SFP, lightweight (VTX little lighter), MRAD, and from very reputable companies. Give me your opinions and let me know which one is better than the other and why!

Thank you,

Why not apples for apple:

Eurooptics own run of the scope with 50mm objective but the BDC reticle.

I have no experience with the trijicon scope. But I would imagine the glass is better on the vortex but illumination is better on the trijicon. Weight and warranty is another plus for the vortex. If the vortex is $1000 or less vs the trijicon, I know I would get the vortex and save $700 and put to other stuff

Are you able to go to a shop and inspect both scopes?
I've put Vortex Razor on 2 of my rifles, very happy with them.
A mate has the HD on his rifle and loves it.
I do like their lifetime replacement warranty.

Why not apples for apple:

Eurooptics own run of the scope with 50mm objective but the BDC reticle.

I have no experience with the trijicon scope. But I would imagine the glass is better on the vortex but illumination is better on the trijicon. Weight and warranty is another plus for the vortex. If the vortex is $1000 or less vs the trijicon, I know I would get the vortex and save $700 and put to other stuff

The price difference is not $700. EuroOptic has the Trijicon for $1,176 and the Vortex for $999. I feel like these scopes are so similar that I should just pick whichever reticle I prefer?

I appreciate your input!

Are you able to go to a shop and inspect both scopes?
I've put Vortex Razor on 2 of my rifles, very happy with them.
A mate has the HD on his rifle and loves it.
I do like their lifetime replacement warranty.

I checked out the vortex last night actually at my local Cabelas but they do not carry the trijicon at that specific store. I am going to try and find the trijicon to inspect hands-on before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the input!

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart
I had the Eurooptic 3-15x50 LHT and now have the Trijicon 4-24x50. I haven’t been able to get a lot of range time but my initial impressions are

-the glass seems very comparable.
-illumination is better on the Trijicon
-I prefer the turret on the Trijicon
-4-5 ounces heavier.
-I really like the objective and ocular caps Trijicon includes

I have not handled the Trijicon. But I did put the LHT on a 300 Norma Magnum for an elk rifle. It holds true, positive adjustments on the locking turret, I can get to 1k with the 6 mil elevation turret on the Norma, and it is nice and clear. Return to zero functions as it should. The illuminated dot on the reticle is sufficient for low light identification. Thus far I am happy with the optic... only one season with it, but one guy I hunt with put it on his rifle the same time I did (7Mag Tikka) and the two other guys I hunt with are putting them on their rifles now.

I have not handled the Trijicon, though I did compare specs carefully.

I got the Vortex 3-15x50 mrad HSR-5i. Outstanding glass clarity and generous eyebox, clean reticle. Highly recommended for a hunting or even a DMR-ish scope application where lighter weight, super clear glass, and having a "clean" mrad reticle with holdovers is a requirement.

An interesting side note about mine (got it from Eurooptic): they don't show the 50mm version of this optic on the Vortex site. As stated in 2nd post in this thread, their Eurooptic SKU for these 50mm versions of the Mrad HSR-5i was "RZR-1591", that's what shows on my order. They appeared to be a Euro special run only, no idea if they'll get more as they're not shown now on their site. A bummer you weren't shopping yet when these were offered for Black Friday for $799 at the Euro site.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6.5Hunter12
Does rhe Tenmile have locking turrets? I'm thinking of buying one to compare to my Vortex Razor LHT, but if the turrets don't lock down, it's a deal breaker for me as I'm out and about a lot

Does rhe Tenmile have locking turrets? I'm thinking of buying one to compare to my Vortex Razor LHT, but if the turrets don't lock down, it's a deal breaker for me as I'm out and about a lot

I found the LHT turret easier to unlock and spin than the unlocked Credo/Tenmile. The 3-15x50 I tried you could hold the scope upside down and shake it a bit and it would come unlocked.

Reactions: Bravo6