• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Optics review

elkstalker338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2010
colorado
Lets start out with a side by side of the Vortex Fury 12.5 X 50 binos (199.99) to a pair of Swarvo 10 X 42 (1500.00 plus)

We will start out with Glass quality, and every one knows this isnt a fair test to vortex

Swarvo had the edge here as everyone would expect, but very surprising, not by very much, and for sure not $1300.00 worth of difference. I was looking at a barbarey sheep that was app 500 yds away

Vortex has adj. cups on the eye pieces which were very handy so for comfort I would put the edge to the Vortex

Focus factor would probably go to the swarvo, but again not by much, the vortex seems to be really touchy on the focus knob but once found no problem

The vortex also had some nice soft rubber caps to protect the obj lens which the swarvo did not have, I wish they had some good way to protect the eye lens

All in all the vortex held its own against the swarvo which I didnt expect, 3 days of scouting and didnt find myself once grabbing for the swarvo instead of the vortex, for $199.99 at cameralandny they are a hell of a bargain for those wanting quality without the flashey eagle emblem on the bino

Vortex Skyline 20x60x80 Spotting scope
I am not much of a user of spotters and really never had liked them until now, nice, clear, came with a view thru soft case, it was an angled one and I didnt care for that while using it on a window, was thinking about ordering the ED version but now I think I will hold out for the viper hd version

I know that alot of people will call the bino comparision bullshitt but to my eyes with side by side viewing Vortex was standing there holding its own against the big boy and stood tall proud and toe to toe

Re: Vortex Optics review

my buddy had a vortex ,i glassed some stuff at 500y , it was about 90 degrees, i thought it was crap, but thats just me.

i didnt think your review was bad , but i would have liked some pics , maybe if you had a comparisons in direct sunlight vs shade and in different temps and or at night comparisons. I found that stuff makes a difference.

I had a Skyline 20-60 ED.Believe me theres no comparison to the expensive spotters.I quickly sent it back and ordered a Pentax PF100.Lightyears ahead of it!!!

Thought about pics but didnt have alot of time, I did about the same side by side with nikon monarchs binos during elk season and the furys blew them out of the water in every way, I was surprised yesterday, the mirage was getting bad but it effected the swarvo's in the same way. The guys hunting with me during elk season ended up getting vortex binos after they looked thru these, like I said I didnt spend hrs behind them but for what they are I was totally impressed. Hope the viper HD spotter is worth the extra $300.00

I have some vortex Diamondback binos in 8x42 and they are awesome for their price point. The field of view is HUGE and the picture for a $220 bino is excellent. I put them though some pretty tough conditons up in northern wisconsin and they have held up to everything I can throw at them. The only negative thing I have to say about them is that they are just a little big. I will be upgrading to the Viper HD binos before next season. I love my Viper riflescope, so matching bino's just seemed right.

Thank you Vortex for your great Customer Service and great products!