• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Optics???

browningboy84

Minuteman
May 7, 2009
Georgia
I am looking at vortex 6.5-20x50 viper. Anybody ever used them. I am building a .300 WSM savage with a McM stock and bull barrell. I will mainly be hunting with this gun, and target shooting. I am on a budget, so it is down to this scope or a Bushnell 6500 elite. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Re: Vortex Optics???

Excellent glass and good quality for the money, assuming you're not looking for a tactical scope. Sounds like it would do quite well for what you're thinking of using it for.

I liked mine, but if I were to buy again I'd get the smaller objective so I could sit it lower.

I liked yours as well Ratbert!
wink.gif

I just sent it back and had it exchanged for a Mil-Dot version. I've got a post just a few threads down on the new one.

Vortex treated me no different having bought it used. No questions asked.

new guy,
Perhaps a search would help you out on your questions?

mike

I don't know if it would be in your budget or not, but a Zeiss Conquest is a very nice hunting scope. A 3-9x40mm is about $350 I don't know how high a power you really need, but the better the glass, the less you need to see clearly at long range's. And the Conquest has VERY good glass.

I love my 6.5-20x40 vortex. I've compared it side by side with a loopy 6.5-20. couldn't tell much difference in glass.

Mine's going up for sale soon with some seekins rings. but only because I'm buying a Premier Heritage.

LM

I hate to admit it but for hunting I can not believe how clear Nikon glass is , even on the budget line buckmasters

I just got my Viper 6.5-20x44 mil-dot from LibertyOptics, I couldn't be happier, the glass is exellent, the clicks are positive, and the toolless reset turrets are definitely a plus,

Steve

Slayer,

I couldn't believe the clicks compared to the Super Sniper it replaced. Don't get me wrong the super sniper was a great scope for the money but night and day difference with the knobs on the Vortex. I ordered a DiamondBack scope from Scott@Libertyoptics last week so I'll give that line a try but the Viper's are for real.

Mike

Yeah, i'm very impressed with the vortex, gonna try the Crossfire 6-24x50 30mm ill. mil-dot, for a 22 build, Scott says its a good scope, and I trust his opinion after the Viper,
tha Crossfire also has 75MOA of travel, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">I just wish it didn't have 1/8" clicks</span> It doesn't have 1/8" clicks! all the more reason to buy one
grin.gif

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish it didn't have 1/8" clicks

Steve </div></div>

It doesn't! 1/4" clicks. Vortex listened.

And thanks for the orders, guys! We appreciate it.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slayer,

I couldn't believe the clicks compared to the Super Sniper it replaced. Don't get me wrong the super sniper was a great scope for the money but night and day difference with the knobs on the Vortex. I ordered a DiamondBack scope from Scott@Libertyoptics last week so I'll give that line a try but the Viper's are for real.

Mike </div></div>

Your scope arrives here Thursday! I think you will be impressed with the DB...

Scott

Scott

I got your PM Scott just figured I would give my best effort to be patient. Thank you very much for the communication. Will you be sending a tracking number when you ship it out? I liv eout of town and I can normally catch the UPS guy in town if I know its on the truck.

I'll let you know when it gets here and take some pics for the others around here. Thanks again Scott!

Mike