• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex PST 1-4 now on my LMT MRP CQB

Moadster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2009
Austin, Tx USA
So far I love it. It's raining and pretty dark here, still looks clear as can be. Can't wait to try it out....

2hz4baq.jpg

2ppa4h4.jpg

2mqw21d.jpg

iog8rd.jpg

Re: Vortex PST 1-4 now on my LMT MRP CQB

Tag for range report, definitely looking to buy one of these once i get some cash together.

I think I am going to get one of these for a Spikes ST15.

Usually put ACOG's on AR's, but wouldnt mind trying something with a true 1x and still have the ability to have a little magnification, for shooting farther out, since I suck with irons.

Everything I have had from Vortex has performed above its pay grade, sure this will too.

Have you been able to get any time behind this yet? Also, do the 1-4's also have the zero stop? Not that I would need it for an AR carbine, just curious. Also, is the 1-4 a second focal?

anxiously Waiting for mine to get here, as well and the larue lt-111 all going on my Sig 516

Thx for the pics

Nice setup. I'm not happy with my Aimpoint and the 1-4 power variable is great.

Any updates on this?

I have a mil/mil 1-4 PST on the way, should be here Wednesday.

Also am trying a Bobro mount for the first time. Should have everything mounted up and running by the weekend. Cant wait to try it out.

This will be my first true 1X optic with variable mag. Hoping I will be able to improve my capabilities with my carbine.

Really counting on Vortex. They havent let me down yet.

Got mine in the mail today. I am very impressed. The highest rheostat setting seems pretty bright. I wasn't able to take it out in the sun, but it seems it would be visible at least on a cloudy day. The clicks are awesome and the size is just right. Waiting on my Larue mount.

How you guys doing on battery life? I got less than two week to deader-than-a-door-nail. (No I did not accidentally leave it, I was hoping that was the problem but it was definitely off
mad.gif
!) Otherwise I'm lovin' it so far: nice glass, simple clean reticle, mil-mil... but if its going to drain-down fully that quickly...Anyone else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: plong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How you guys doing on battery life? I got less than two week to deader-than-a-door-nail. (No I did not accidentally leave it, I was hoping that was the problem but it was definitely off
mad.gif
!) Otherwise I'm lovin' it so far: nice glass, simple clean reticle, mil-mil... but if its going to drain-down fully that quickly...Anyone else? </div></div>

I had the same problem with a Strikefire. It wasn't the sight, it was the battery. Try it with a name-brand battery.

--Rootshot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: plong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How you guys doing on battery life? I got less than two week to deader-than-a-door-nail. (No I did not accidentally leave it, I was hoping that was the problem but it was definitely off
mad.gif
!)</div></div> Can you elaborate on how long you had it switched on, at what power level, and also if it was in the bitter cold?

I'm debating between this and the SWFA SS 1-4x, and battery life/reliability is going to be one of my deciding factors. Thanks.

I have had the scope for about 2 weeks (took delivery on the 7th). I've only had it on for a few minutes at a time to try it out and bore-site; haven't even made it to the range yet...original battery.

I want to emphasize I'm not trashing this scope I really like it so far, I'm just wondering if there is an issue with the battery draining down when the power is off...it <span style="font-style: italic">would</span> suck to have to remove the battery after each use. If that were true it would certainly eliminate it from use on a SHTF rifle.

Anyone else...Good or Bad?

I got mine last Wednesday, I’ve been to the range twice, played around with it a lot in the house and I accidentally left the illumination on for two days on setting 7 so far the battery is still going strong.

I’m sure it’s no Aimpoint with 3 years of battery life, but so far it hasn’t been too bad, although it has been a very short amount of time.