• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex pst 1-4 , quick reticle pics...

rc2125

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2007
Granger, Indiana
Been waiting for one of these for quite some time now! Stopped home for lunch, took some quick pics of the reticle(mrad version), pics are thru a double pane window with a junk camera, didn't have much time here, (wind & snow):

1x, steel tombstone target 300yds thru the kitchen window
DSC06719.jpg

4x, same steel target 300yds
DSC06729.jpg

4x, same steel target 300yds w/illum
DSC06726.jpg

4x, tree 75yds
DSC06730.jpg

1x, woods 50yds, w/illum
DSC06732.jpg

Turrets have impressively strong, deep and consistent detent, yet are smooth to turn, didn't have much time to mess with it. Seems truly 1x @1x, with both eyes open there is no double image or eye strain, also no goggle eye effect when scanning. The scopemount won't be here til tomorrow. It seems as close to a "winner" as I've been able to find, for what I do(predator hunting, banging steel, some rifle matches, etc).
I like the reticle, in that it doesn't clutter up around the center dot. Seems to have Very forgiving eye relief. The illumination isn't as bright as I expected, but it is pretty bright, it does go superbly LOW for lowlight use. There is a major change in illumination from like setting 5 and lower. The settings go from basically only visible in-the-dark to ultra dim. Highest setting is a few notches below an eotech or aimpoint on they're highest level. The vertical and horizontals are slightly illuminated in lowlight.

Re: Vortex pst 1-4 , quick reticle pics...

RC, really appreciate the pics. I love it, I want one.

Thanks for the pics.

Now I just need to be pacient with SWFA with my very old backorder.

Crap, now I gotta decide between this and the SS 1-4... decisions, decisions. Seriously though, excellent information and pictures. Very much appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RC2125</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it does go superbly LOW for lowlight use</div></div>

I think it's cool that they made a vertically challenged version for Frank
laugh.gif

Went for a stroll around the property tonight, had the scope along with me. Earlier today, I initially thought maybe the illumination jumped down almost too low to be useful at the lower 3 levels. After my eyes were fully adjusted, I could see the reticle at those lower levels. Best describe the illumination as having an excellent range of intensity for daytime use, with a big step down to a good range of lowlight intensities. For instance, when you can barely differentiate your target from the surroundings thru the scope, the lower levels are low enough as to not scrub the ability to sort things out. Somewhat similar to a specter dr's illum range.

Update, got mounted (american defense ext scout 2 lvr:
moto_1909.jpg

moto_1911.jpg

Now that it's mounted, I can confirm that the eye relief is excellent, very very forgiving!

the dot is shown as a 1 moa dot at 4x so it must be 4 moa at 1x. Does the dot give of a flare at either 4x or 1x like some people with astigmatism problems see when using Aimpoints?

diesel,

Yes, it will be 4MOA at 1x.

It won't flare like a red dot will, since it's an etched reticle.

BTW, a neat trick to use if you have problems with a red dot flaring due to astigmatism in your eyes...try looking through the small aperture of your rear irons while using the red dot. The dot should have reduced "flare" and be more round/crisp.

Maybe not something you want to do for fast CQB (in which case the astigmatism aberration and flaring probably don't matter), but for longer range stuff it works well.

-Sam

Just to confirm, does this scope have 1/10th mil clicks, or 2/10 mil clicks?

Thanks

If this reticle had a BDC similar to the Razor I think it would be the best of all possible world for a 3-gun scope . SFP so the reticle is nice big and bright for up close(Really liking the partial doughnut) and when you switched to 4X for the long range stuff you could take advantage of the BDC .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RC2125</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went for a stroll around the property tonight, had the scope along with me. Earlier today, I initially thought maybe the illumination jumped down almost too low to be useful at the lower 3 levels. After my eyes were fully adjusted, I could see the reticle at those lower levels. Best describe the illumination as having an excellent range of intensity for daytime use, with a big step down to a good range of lowlight intensities. For instance, when you can barely differentiate your target from the surroundings thru the scope, the lower levels are low enough as to not scrub the ability to sort things out. Somewhat similar to a specter dr's illum range.

Update, got mounted (american defense ext scout 2 lvr:
moto_1909.jpg

moto_1911.jpg

Now that it's mounted, I can confirm that the eye relief is like nothing I've seen before, very very forgiving! </div></div>

Any chance of getting a full rifle pic with the scope on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chase102798</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of getting a full rifle pic with the scope on? </div></div>

moto_1917.jpg

Mine is in a Bobro extended mount. Very impressed with it so far.

SPR-PSTb800x6001x4010610.jpg

Got the chance to go bang some steel and get drop data real quick this late afternoon, after digging out of about two feet of snow overnight. Dpms 3G1 rifle, fed xm193 55gr fmj.

Got drop 200-400 real quick,

Reticle is sweet, really like it. Able to center the dot up on 10" plates way out, and there is no mumbo jumbo (horseshoe/circle/fat-bdc/etc) blocking out the target.

At 500, diales several mil left/right/up/down between each shot:
moto_1941.jpg

Was getting late,
Few at 600, heldover,4mil:
moto_1942.jpg

few at 700:
moto_1944.jpg

Pass the pizza hut on the way home, complete with hitchin-rail/buggy-parking out front:

moto_1947.jpg

moto_1946.jpg

After spending time with this scope and reticle style what is your eval' now?