• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 FFP initial thoughts

Wolf22

Minuteman
Oct 13, 2006
Midwestern USA
Absolutely floored by the new PST. Clicks are some of the most precise/positive I have handled. LIGHT YEARS better than the previous PSTs or even my Razor HDs that I owned.

Glass is PST all the way, edge to edge looks great, very crisp.

Reticle is excellent IMO for its purpose. CQB would be a push, but 50yrds and beyond at 2.5 its very easy on the eyes and isn't too thick or big (Or even too small) to cover smaller targets.

Eye relief seems to be pretty generous at 2.5, tightening naturally towards 10x. This is unmounted - just to clarify.

Lit - Very nice graduations between power levels, no major jumps, nothing to note for those fam. with the setup.

Again, just and out of the box Rant on the new Vortex.

I agree with your assessment. The older 4-16x PSTs I thought the glass was not the best especially at higher magnification but the 2-10x32 was solid and bright throughout the range. I've taken mine past 400 yards without any problems. Makes me not hesitate to give their Gen II Razors a try later this year.

Not to be contrary, but...

Absolutely floored by the new PST. Clicks are some of the most precise/positive I have handled. LIGHT YEARS better than the previous PSTs or even my Razor HDs that I owned.

I've owned (and sold) this model, as well has having owned three other PSTs, and I found the clicks identical on all of them. The turrets too. I'm wondering if maybe something changed for most recent production, or you had some early PST that was mushier than the ones I had.

Glass is PST all the way, edge to edge looks great, very crisp.

I agree on the glass being very good on the 2.5-10x32 FFP - to me I was thankful that it was NOT PST glass, as the other three PSTs I had (4-16x50 SFP, 4-16x50 FFP, 2.5-10x42 SFP) all went to aquarium / coke bottle type clarity at full magnification.

Anyway, enjoy.

Thinking about getting the Viper HSLR 2.5-10x32 FFP with XLR reticle. Handled one at my LGS the other day and I really liked the new XLR MOA reticle. Looking forward to giving it a try.

rqwf.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the PSTs were very early versions of the PST birth, IME….. Guess those early models had 'better glass' than yours and "worse" turrets - SOGuy.

Either way, just my initial opinion as its now gone to another person.

I had one awhile back and it was a great little scope for the price, I ended up trading it off with the rifle it was on as part of a package but I'll probably pick up another one some day