• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST 32mm

lonely_wolf

Woof.
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2009
Up North
I was at an Outdoor Equipment Exhibition today and Vortex had a booth set up. The Rep was a very friendly and knowledgeable guy. He saw me playing with 1-4 and 1-6's and came over to chat.

I must admit: I don't really follow Vortex. I am familiar with the Razor's reputation and have handled a few, but I've never bothered with the rest. Anyway... the 1-6 is a nice scope. I liked it. The Vortex guy smiled and said, “Check this out,” and handed me the new 32mm.

Well!

The scope was light, had parallax adjustment, illumination dial with off between the on's. I was surprised how good the glass was, although I was in a brightly lit exhibition hall. What really surprised me was first focal plane and half the cost of the 32mm NF I just bought.

I have no regrets on buying the NF... but that was an impressive scope Vortex has and I think it will definitely be stealing the market from NF. I mean half the damn price! Again, I like the NF's sitting on my rifles, but if I had of had the two 32's side by side.... I don't know... It might have hesitated.

yes,the vortex viper pst 2.5-10x32. throw in the weaver tactical 2-10x36(priced about the same) and you have the makings of a good show-down.

i'm waiting for ILya to do this review/comparison. i like his reviews because he seems to "call it as he sees it",which is what i'm hoping for. it's too easy for others to give a proper review when they are already invested,although it does happen occasionally.