• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST 6-24 VS Sightron SIII 6-24 Review

Re: Vortex PST 6-24 VS Sightron SIII 6-24 Review

Nice review and comparison!

I have two Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle and absolutely love them!

Thanks for taking the time to post the review.

Wondering if you preferred one scope over the other in terms of using the turrets for adjustment, specifically was it easier to track where you were at in the adjustment range using things like the stadia lines?

I prefer scopes that have either 10 or 20 MOA of adjustment per revolution because it keeps the math and numbers easy. That was by biggest complaint with both of these scopes with the Vortex having 12 and the Sightron having 15.

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for taking the time to post the review.

Wondering if you preferred one scope over the other in terms of using the turrets for adjustment, specifically was it easier to track where you were at in the adjustment range using things like the stadia lines?

I prefer scopes that have either 10 or 20 MOA of adjustment per revolution because it keeps the math and numbers easy. That was by biggest complaint with both of these scopes with the Vortex having 12 and the Sightron having 15.

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

</div></div>good luck to you .
g.gif

Can't thank you enough for not starting the video with stupid blaring music, and for not having constant music in the background, and for speaking in a nice low key tone! Can't tell you how many YouTube videos I stop almost immediately due to music.

Good review, but I found it hard to understand what you were saying at times. A low-pitched monotone voice works if loud enough and even enough. Yours was neither. Not a criticism, just a critique. It's still better than 80% of the horrible audio that infects Youtube.

Captrichardson,

I personally think 15 is an easier multiplier than 12.

The PST wins the bid for best turrets all around, because the zero stop and the knurling has a better grip than the SIII turrets.

The next scope I will buy will be a PST:)

No doubt, 15 is better in my book than 12.

Never understood why someone would go with 12 versus 10? IMHO getting those extra 2 MOA on a rev is not worth the hassle it creates with the math/numbers.

I was very glad to see that Nightforce came out with the 20 MOA High Speed Turrets, you can get a lot of range out of 1 rev, and the math/numbers is still very easy.

I have never needed zero stops, I select the appropriate MOA base and ring height, so the scope ends up zeroing on the first rotation up from the bottom. Basically I go as low as I can, and then come back the nubmer zero and I am good. Takes a little work figuring the ring height and necessary MOA for the base, but it works pretty good IMHO. That also insures that I can use the majority of the adjustment range within the scope.

Glad to hear these scopes have positive adjustments, there are a lot of scopes out there with some really bad adjustments that are not positive in any way.

Thanks Again,
M Richardson