• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST durability?

Nate O.

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2011
South Dakota
Though I've seen plenty of reviews attesting to its glass and features, I haven't found any recent threads about the durability or repeatability of the optic. Has anyone really put this scope through the paces yet?

Thanks

Re: Vortex PST durability?

Not sure what you mean by paces, I haven't abused mine as seen in USO test's. But I have been shooting with it for about a year now, cranking it up and down, zooming in and out, ect. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

ya, i guess i meant "using" it. thanks

@ coldbore- have you happened to use the lit reticle at night. I'm just wondering if it would be to bright and make it difficult to aquire a target with snow on the ground under a full moon.

No sir, I have hardly ever had a legitimate reason to use the lit reticle, though there was that one shot that I never could of made without it. . .. . . . . . ..

But it really has a good range of illumination, very dim to quite bright.

Same here, I have a 4-16 mounted on a 223 and have been dialing it in and out to 700 without issues. Always returns to zero.

I have not even put the battery for the reticle in it yet...

If its not durable enough to use as a hammer, tire tool, pry bar, riot baton, cheater pipe, trot line weight......I don't want it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its not durable enough to use as a hammer, tire tool, pry bar, riot baton, cheater pipe, trot line weight......I don't want it. </div></div>

laughin, does that mean you won't be using this scope then?

In regards to the lit reticle, you'll be just fine. The illumination was designed with night optics in mind so on a bright day you'll only see illumination at 9 or 10. In low light or complete darkness, without night optics, you'll be able to take advantage of a wider range of brightness settings.

I and others have found the turret adjustments and the reticle to be spot on.

Jon A and Robo1 come to mind as those who have put this scope "through the paces" and confirmed this.

They seem to be holding up pretty well too, to the dismay of some on this forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In regards to the lit reticle, you'll be just fine. The illumination was designed with night optics in mind so on a bright day you'll only see illumination at 9 or 10. In low light or complete darkness, without night optics, you'll be able to take advantage of a wider range of brightness settings. </div></div>

Good to know. This is what i was most concerned about, didn't want to drown a night time target out with to much illumination. I was fairly certain a $900 optic would track. thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I and others have found the turret adjustments and the reticle to be spot on.

Jon A and Robo1 come to mind as those who have put this scope "through the paces" and confirmed this.

They seem to be holding up pretty well too, to the dismay of some on this forum. </div></div>

Thanks, sounds promising. Fairly certain i'll be goin with the FFP mil/mil. not sure about power yet.