• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PSTs On Big Magnums

scsims

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2013
Central, KY
After reading the recent post on here I can't seem to get it out of my head that I might end up in the same boat as a couple of the other guys on here. I have a .338 Edge with a 6x24 PST on it . The rifle weights 16 lbs with a 4 port Muscle brake. So far I have 150 rounds down the tube and am just now getting the dope worked out just right. Although the warranty would replace the scope I'd hate to have to pull it off and start over.

So just for piece of mind, lets hear from you guys that have had these on big heavy recoiling guns and the scope is living through it.

My friend has one on a savage 110 ba, so far so good. If it takes 150 rds to get ur dope right u might have other issues, unless u mean 150 rd total including load work up and finding drops. Shouldn't take anymore then 5 rds to get zeroed and confirm.

Don't worry about it at this point in time. Just shoot it. Keep an eye on your zero and if you see things changing on its own....call in for support.

My friend has one on a savage 110 ba, so far so good. If it takes 150 rds to get ur dope right u might have other issues, unless u mean 150 rd total including load work up and finding drops. Shouldn't take anymore then 5 rds to get zeroed and confirm.

150 rounds include load work up and multiple trips to the range. Dope was good at 100 rounds, just spent the last 50 rounds verifying it.

Ok, it sounded in ur first post that u just got it zeroed with 150 rds and u didn't want to take optic off and start over, meaning another150 rds.