• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Ranger HD R/T Binos

Fig

Tenor in the howler choir
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
The Most Dangerous City in the USA
I had not heard of these (search on SH gave up nil) or seen them anywhere, but they are "Limited Distribution", whateverthefuq that means. As far as I can tell it means they're really difficult to find on the website, and even more difficult to find in the wild. MSRP is $800. I found them for a lot less. I have no idea why these aren't being trumpeted, as I think there are a great many people for whom these are perfect. Without jumping through ridiculous hoops to get etched reticles in existing optics this is really an easy button with the below specs. I think the pair of Razors HD binos I have to glass for Elk are an unbelievable value for what they are, but I always wished they had a Mills reticle for spotting at PRS matches. I jumped, so when I get them I will give a short review, but this is something I had been looking for forever at a reasonable price.
I would have preferred 12X56, but this is what they gots.

Magnification 10x
Objective Lens Diameter 50 mm
Eye Relief 20 mm
Exit Pupil 5 mm
Linear Field of View 278 feet/1000 yards
Angular Field of View 5.3 degrees
Close Focus 8.2 feet
Interpupillary Distance 59-75 mm
Height 6.7 inches
Width 5.2 inches
Weight 27.2 oz
10X50 with a Mill ranging reticle.
1658436185356.jpeg

Reactions: snarkscarbine
Been looking at these for awhile and like you, I could never find much info on them. For $500 I’ll probably give them a try.

so how do you like them? i just learned about these too, and like you, haven't found much in the way of reviews. any idea where the glass quality falls in the vortex line? thanks!

They are pretty damn nice! I bought the vortex ranger rt April to have a battery free range finder. Not quite as good of glass as my Leica binos, but very clear & bright. I was impressed.
Screenshot_20220408-193601.jpg
20220412_223450.jpg

Reactions: BurtG and touge
so how do you like them? i just learned about these too, and like you, haven't found much in the way of reviews. any idea where the glass quality falls in the vortex line? thanks!
I have the monocular version of these I think(the Recce Pro HD). I emailed vortex and they told me that the glass for it is equivalent to the Viper HD binos

Reactions: touge
I have the monocular version of these I think(the Recce Pro HD). I emailed vortex and they told me that the glass for it is equivalent to the Viper HD binos
I have the solo monocular also. The Ranger rt
glass appears to be better , could also just be the coating difference..

Reactions: BurtG and touge
awesome, thanks for the replies guys! i decided to bite and give these a shot... was looking for this magnification, love my vortex glass (and their warranty), and the reticle seems like it'll be pretty useful.