• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Razor 1-6 Gen2 E for $1000?

Leicafan1990

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2022
USA
On a number of occasions on Reddit, I’ve seen people talk about buying Vortex Razor 1-6 Gen2 E’s for $1000 but I have never seen them sold for that price anywhere online. The dealer that sometimes gets mentioned is Focus Camera but the discount codes mentioned on Reddit never work on that scope.

Does anyone have leads on this? Is this some in-the-know thing where you have to email some dude who sells them in a back alley somewhere?

I've never seen them retail quite that low, with the exception of a few "add to cart to see price" on the closeout NON E models. But the market has been so saturated in Razors for years that used examples pop up regularly from $900-1200. If you can live with a non E they can definitely be found around $800 occasionally.

If you're a vet or LE you just missed the Eorooptic sale by one day.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Yes, they are pretty much gone. This is the older version. We sold our last one about 6 months back. As I recall, it was us and Euro Optic that had them for quite a while. The current model is the HD-E. The E lost weight.

No, these were the newer E versions that Focus Camera was selling for $999. I double checked. Unfortunately it looks like I missed out on that insanely good deal. I was curious if any dealers on this forum could match it but I doubt it.

It’s just a sale they run occasionally. They sell out quick though.

It’s just a sale they run occasionally. They sell out quick though.

As cool as that is, it kinda ruins that optic in my opinion. Why would you ever pay $1600 for it when there is a company out there occasionally selling it for $600 less? Ya, its very rare and they sell out quickly but it makes the full price feel like an absolute rip off. And you can get a Delta Stryker or Credo HX for like $800 which is 95% as good as the Razor. Kudos to whoever got a E version Razor for $1K but that’s pretty annoying for people who paid close to retail for it. I’d be mad if I was in their shoes and that also ruins the resale value if you ever want to sell it.

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
As cool as that is, it kinda ruins that optic in my opinion. Why would you ever pay $1600 for it when there is a company out there occasionally selling it for $600 less? Ya, its very rare and they sell out quickly but it makes the full price feel like an absolute rip off. And you can get a Delta Stryker or Credo HX for like $800 which is 95% as good as the Razor. Kudos to whoever got a E version Razor for $1K but that’s pretty annoying for people who paid close to retail for it. I’d be mad if I was in their shoes and that also ruins the resale value if you ever want to sell it.
Do you purchase optics “to use” or to make you “feel like you got a deal”?

Apparently they don’t go on sale that often if you’ve never been able to snag one for that price.

Reactions: Mozzyfozz
Do you purchase optics “to use” or to make you “feel like you got a deal”?

Both? I don’t think those motivations are mutually exclusive.

This all came up in some Reddit debate about the best LPVO under $1K. Personally, I think that title goes to the Stryker/Credo HX but a bunch of people were saying the Razor Gen2 E because a few dozen people bought them for $1K from a company that can apparently cut $600 off the price and still turn a profit. The reality is that it’s a $1.6K scope 364 days a year.

Last edited: