• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Razor 27-60×85 question

Ghogs Nightmare

Wobi Madano
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2006
In the Nightmares of Ghogs
For actual owners, this is for the newer variant.....1. How do you like it, any complaints?

2. Can you provide the measurements please? Want to see what bag/case it will fit.

Thanks....GH

I have the Razor and i personally think it’s a great spotting scope. It is big for a backpack hunt, but if your going back to a main camp everyday it fine. Glass is clear and have no problems seeing my hits on 1000 yard steel. I can see bullet holes on paper, my ranges max for paper targets.

I have the straight. it’s about 16.5” long. Objective is 4”. Eye 2.25”.

i also have the Vortex 22x mil eyepiece.

I think retail is like around $1800 or so. I bought mine used for a little under $1k mine is the angled type. At low light anything over 45x-50x becomes dark when looking past a mile. I almost never use it past 50x even in clear bright times. I feel like it gets too grainy. But anything from 27x-40x is awesome. For the way I use my spotter I think a 15x-50x would be ideal. I feel that at 27x it just doesn’t have the FOV I want when hunting. That is my personal experience with the scope.