• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor 3 Video Review

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey all, just wanted to share my video review of the Razor 3. This is a solo review of this optic. I will have the big scope review together later on down the line, but as you can imagine it takes a good bit of time to put together. Any and all feedback is appreciated and thanks in advance!

A quick write up:

A true tier one scope from Vortex. I think the value proposition here is really amazing. Great for anything from .22 to big boomers. Still a heavy pig, but as a pure competition oriented scope I don’t think it really matters.

Turrets are the biggest thing holding the scope back. In actual use they aren’t terrible, but definitely can be improved and by all accounts the modified versions that people are getting back from Vortex are much better. I did not have an opportunity to test those.

There are other small things I think can be improved and other things I really like about this scope. Watch the review to find out! Thanks guys!

Good review. I own a lot of high end glass, the gen3 is only second to my zco, and ties my minox i feel. Kahles and NF be damned!

Good review. I own a lot of high end glass, the gen3 is only second to my zco, and ties my minox i feel. Kahles and NF be damned!
    Thanks for watching! Kahles and NF have definitely been put on notice for sure.

Great review as always. Agree with everything you said. Great image, the turrets just need a bit of work.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
    This is the 4th or maybe 5th review where the reviewer has mentioned the outstanding quality of the optics.
    Combined with the Vortex "no fault warranty", paying this much for a scope in this market segment is the NO-BRAINER of the century.
    I'm a stickler for looking after my gear & have 30+ year old scopes still going strong. If I were to accidently severely damage a vortex costing this much, I get a replacement. If I do the same thing to a ZCO, Schmidt, TT, I get didly & have to sell one of my balls to get another.
    The choice between buying this scope & any other is just a NO-BRAINER in my opinion.

This is the 4th or maybe 5th review where the reviewer has mentioned the outstanding quality of the optics.
    Combined with the Vortex "no fault warranty", paying this much for a scope in this market segment is the NO-BRAINER of the century.
    I'm a stickler for looking after my gear & have 30+ year old scopes still going strong. If I were to accidently severely damage a vortex costing this much, I get a replacement. If I do the same thing to a ZCO, Schmidt, TT, I get didly & have to sell one of my balls to get another.
    The choice between buying this scope & any other is just a NO-BRAINER in my opinion.
    I just hope the turrets can be improved moving forward from the factory.

I just hope the turrets can be improved moving forward from the factory.
    Yes, I agree. If Vortex are able to enhance the turrets upon request, they should probably just sell them like that in the 1st place. Either way though, this new scope seems like a cracking bit of kit.
    I was happy to hear your assessment on the optics & the eye box in particular. I emailed Vortex for the exit pupil data a couple months ago & it is less than the Gen II on paper so I've wondered what the eye box was like.
    Thanks for the review, very well done.

Side note, verified veterans can get one via Eurooptic for about $2k (50% off MSRP for the next week, I think).