• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor 5-20x50mm

excaliber

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2011
Abingdon,Va
I`m interested in the Vortex Razor 5-20x50. Does anybody have experience with these? What kind of quality? I like Horus style reticle and I noticed Vortex has one similar. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Vortex Razor 5-20x50mm

LOTS of info here on the scope. LL did a review a year or more ago. Lonewolfusmc http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2150242 has a review posted. Try the search feature on the right hand side of the page. It will provide you a tremendous amount of reading.

My wife owns one and loves it. It has been very reliable, tracks and subtends correctly. Very positive adjustments and great reticle selection.

Great optic and great company, you can't go wrong.

I have 2 and love em will probably end up with a couple more. A hardcore robust scope, highly recommend ebr-2b reticle for the win

Great scope, great reticle (especially EBR-2B), and if I may say so - it's "Horus made right"! <span style="font-style: italic">I personally find the original Horus somewhat overcrowded.</span>

See pictures of the available reticles at www.vortextactical.com.

I originally had the EBR-2, but I switched over to the EBR-2B.

One of the main features of the EBR-2(B) reticle is the windage dots. The original EBR-2 dots were extremely faint and very hard to see, you pretty much have to be at 20x just to see them, if the background was cluttered with dark objects, good luck.

The EBR-2B IMO is much much easier to pick up without being obtrusive.

Again, just my opinion.

I have one and besides my S&B 4-16 PMII it's my favorite scope. You really can't beat the Razor for features, build quality, and glass at that price point.

I also wish they had done 34mm on the tube and I wish they had done matt black on the finish. Outside of that, no other complaints.

I have one and love it as everyone has said great scope and a great company. I have the EBR-2 but would get the EBR-2B if I was going to order a new one I just got the new eyebox upgrade and it is a nice improvement over the old one. it was my first highend scope and don't regret it at all.

The two high-end scopes that I have experience with are the Nightforce NXS and the Vortex Razor HD. Between them I feel that the Razor is the superior scope. It has all the features I wish my old Nightforce had and is more affordable then the NF F1. I actually sold my old NXS 3.5-15X56 to help pay for the upgrade to the Razor and I am glad I did.

Bottom Line, The Razor is an outstanding scope and is backed up by the best warranty and service in the business.

Vortex will do a reticle swap for $150. I switched mine from EBR-2 to the EBR-2B

I am getting ready to purchase a high end scope. I am done with MOA, I want mil/mil. I am planning to shoot at least 3000yds with my 408 cheytac. When I compare prices and warranty (I also want a Horus STYLE reticle) I can`t see spending $2600-$3000 on a Premier or USO when I can get a Vortex Razor with 46mils of adjustment with EBR-2 reticle and turret, lifetime warranty, glass is just as good for less money. The other scopes are great but I can`t see spending extra money just because it is made in America.