• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor Gen II

AvsFan

Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Colorado
Gent’s,

Looking for feedback on this scope as, I need glass for my SCAR 20. Seems like a lot of great options for the $$.

I found EuroOptic is closing these out for $1,449.99. Just not sure if this would be a good fit for my rifle?

I was originally leaning towards either a Nightforce or, Steiner until I found this deal.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

AvsFan:coffee:

p.s. My main concern is the reticle looks busy...perhaps it’s just me?
A08C0498DAB53AC16D37E907298629B5A82A35E2.jpg

Great scope, great feature, great company, great warranty, GREAT WEIGHT.
the 4.5-27 is only a couple of ounces more but would probably look pretty big on the Scar.
I've owned two Razor Gen 2s. and would very easily but another especially with the new reticle and the reduced price.
Incredible value

Great scope and great mag range for that rifle - go for it if you're happy with the reticle and whatever other characteristics/attributes. (Would look great on the tan SCAR)

*To my eye*, the Vortex glass seems a bit warmer, where the NF is a bit cooler. (Think more bronze/red vs. blue, but that's an exaggeration with either scope)

I have a 4-16x ATACR on an LMT MWS, and it's a great combination of mag range and size for a 308 gasser. Plenty of magnification for the rifle/round capability.

Last edited:
Reactions: VegasHKShooter
Phenomenal scope for the money. It's very difficult to beat. Especially in its price point for glass and features. Only downside is that damn thing is a brick. It's heavy as crap lol. But with that said. I love both of mine.

Teh search is your friend, also a simple Google search would mostly answer your questions. That said it's a solid but heavy optic for the price

I got a 4.5x 27 listed for just a bit more if your interested in the higher power model ?

That is a great price, wish I could get an 6X24 AMG for that price.

I have both and the only comment I would add is that the subtentions on the 3-18 are a bit thicker than the 4.5-27. However, unless you have one to compare, you'll never notice the difference. The reticles always seems to look busy, but in use you may not even notice.

It is NOT busy. Once you use it, you'll wish the windage was a bit more refined if shooting at distance, but on a SCAR... you'll be golden.

I'd spend more and get the 4.5-27x to future proof it for usage on a future bolt gun as well (they weigh the same). But dedicated to a .308 semi, it's awesome. 2C is a great reticle, I prefer the 7, but the 2C is super useful

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Not busy at all. The only pic I have is through a Gen 1 PST with the 2C in it. Those are 8" steel at 400 yards and scope is on 24x. The 3-18x Gen II Razor is a great optic. I used one on my 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun in matches for a couple years and then moved it to my Vudoo.
2C PST.jpg

Reactions: manki77
I originally thought that they were too busy but after looking through a few of them, I really like it.

I guess it's busy if you don't know what all the dots and dashes mean. Maybe you need a standard duplex reticle.

Here's another reticle picture for you. 27x at 100m. As far as christmas tree reticles go, I actually find the EBR-2c to be very refined and uncluttered. Gives me enough info to be useful, while not in my face like the Horus offerings. Having said that, one of the most common complaints I've seen online is that the numbers get in the way for precise hold offs. The newer -7b reticles rectify that issue,

Well shit, thanks boys...pulled the trigger and ordered one. Appreciate all the feedback and the pictures helped my decision!

Cheers:coffee:

Reactions: Northernjets
You will be happy with the gen2 razor, it is a very nice scope.Now the wait for the big brown truck to bring it to you.

I see you already ordered it, but maybe this will help with confirmation of your choice. I’m a dyed in the wool Nightforce guy, literally 1-8, 4-16, 5-25, AND 7-35. You can safely say I’m a NF fanboi. ? That said, it that price, and if YOU like it, I’d have done it as well. You have to look FAR and WIDE for anyone to complain about the Razor scopes. Except the weight, which on a comp gun, I don’t care, heavy is totally fine. They are awesome glass, and bombproof. The warranty is great, BUT, on the Razor series, I doubt you’ll use it. Congratulations, and on a SCAR, I think that scope is PERFECT!!

Just tried ordering one. I was unaware EuroOptic charged tax. And no, I'm not a PA resident in case anyone wondered. Lol.

Just tried ordering one. I was unaware EuroOptic charged tax. And no, I'm not a PA resident in case anyone wondered. Lol.

Depends on the state you reside in, unless they are doing it for everyone now.

Supreme Court ruling last year makes it legal for states to require online retailers not located within their state, to pay tax.

Currently some states require it and some don’t. But I’d expect in the near future all will require and the time of tax savings via online retailers will be a memory.

Just received an email from EO. Ohio now requires tax collection for online sales. I had heard it was proposed. Never heard it passed. Kinda sucks. Won't stop me from snagging another Razor though. ?