• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10X Availability

BigHat

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2012
Arlington, VA
Wondered if anyone has a feel for when these will surface at retailers again. More importantly, if you are a retailer, are you getting zero shipped to you or just a steady stream of small deliveries that are clearing backorders and thus not listed as available?

Thank you!

I have a few available.

They just simply don't come in is the problem.
I already paid in full for one to ensure a true spot in line, but I've waited longer than expected. To be fair, I got no hard promise, but it was intimated it would be "a few months." Again, my eyes were open and not complaining, just seeking "data points" and experiences of others. Thank you for responding.

You're a lot nicer than some customers. What I was originally told was order by this date and they'll be delivered by "x date".

Then Covid happened and whether or not that explains the massive delay, scopes are taking literally a year to arrive it seems.

I ordered one under the Mil/LEO program back in October and I was told it would be 8-9 months before it shipped. I won't even begin to think about it until June lol. I have yet to see one available locally.

Bought one for my sig cross before it was recalled. Took less then a month from when I placed the order to when UPS showed up with it at my doorstep. Seems like they are hard to find in stock but they are out there.

I placed an order for one with a 60 day eta and as of right now I'm on day 72. Last week I moved up to #6 on the wait list.

"Ordered a pair of them through a group buy from the factory back in May 2020... still haven't shipped."

That's quite surprising. They must not care about group buys or direct sales as there were plenty available on web-based stores later in the summer while I was mulling it over.

Wondered if anyone has a feel for when these will surface at retailers again. More importantly, if you are a retailer, are you getting zero shipped to you or just a steady stream of small deliveries that are clearing backorders and thus not listed as available?

Thank you!
We have over 100+ on order since we were allowed to get them on order, we have received about 20% of them in 12 months.
Covid has demolished the supply chains worldwide.

Sounds like I got really lucky. Got mine in less then 4 weeks from order date. Came from Vortex directly, not via a retailer per say.

"Ordered a pair of them through a group buy from the factory back in May 2020... still haven't shipped."

That's quite surprising. They must not care about group buys or direct sales as there were plenty available on web-based stores later in the summer while I was mulling it over.

Group buys should be last in line IMHO. Full price direct purchase, distribution, large contracts and MIL/LEO should take precedence. It sucks to wait but I'm in no rush and I'll gladly wait my turn in order to save nearly half of what they sell for at retail.

I spoke to Vortex about the estimated lead time on the Gen III 1-10 and they said it is expected to be around 10 months. That was back around the begining of the year sooo......

The Pandemic changed things globally...

Of course, and I understand that. Honestly, I'm not discouraged. I am turning into quite the Vortex fanboy. Not so much their scopes but mostly their accessories such as mounts, rings, and I really like their defender caps. These are difficult times and I believe unnecessary. And unfortunatly, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better....

I placed an order for one with a 60 day eta and as of right now I'm on day 72. Last week I moved up to #6 on the wait list.
How did you find out what spot you were? Did they contact you, or simply asked them? I think I'm behind you in line

They are rolling in, just not many. EuroOptics couldn't give me in the timeline (I understand), but others have shared that a Vortex order arrival is like Christmas -- you never know what's in the box. I punted on my order and filled another scope requirement and ironically I get notified earlier this week that they are back in stock at EO. I could have bought one, for about an hour, before they were gone. Just a data point for you

Well that sucks. I just ordered one from Liberty Optics they said 60-90 days. Hopefully that is the case. After reading this thread though it kinda has me wondering...

Nichol’s Outfitters in Pelham, AL has a mrad version, at least as of 1730 last night.

Really cool how that ocular disappears at 1x. Nice looking optic.

Well that sucks. I just ordered one from Liberty Optics they said 60-90 days. Hopefully that is the case. After reading this thread though it kinda has me wondering...
Same boat, but I am patient. Of course I would like it ASAP, but I know that it is not the sellers fault that the supply chain is very dried up right now. Even contacting vortex directly they told me 9 month time frame...

Reactions: tex68w
Same boat, but I am patient. Of course I would like it ASAP, but I know that it is not the sellers fault that the supply chain is very dried up right now. Even contacting vortex directly they told me 9 month time frame...

I purchased mine through their Mil/LEO program back in October and was told 9 months and I fully expect it to take that long.

I purchased mine through their Mil/LEO program back in October and was told 9 months and I fully expect it to take that long.
That would line up with the 2-3 month I was told. Hopefully there’s enough in that shipment to go around

Reactions: tex68w
I just ordered mine from liberty optics and got an estimate of about 4 weeks.
But I ordered a gen 2.

How did you find out what spot you were? Did they contact you, or simply asked them? I think I'm behind you in line
I was contacting them each week after my 60days and was told I moved up to #6 on the list after they got a few in stock. I finally received a tracking # on day 76 and got the scope a few days later.