• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Razor Gen III long range scope

BisSilent

Trailer Park Engineer
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2020
Screenshot_20211221-151744_Messenger.jpg

I want to know more about the Gen III Razor that is supposed to be released in January. Let us know what the specs are??

Already a thread on it. Has some info on it. 35x, tooless zero, etc

Reactions: BisSilent
Already a thread on it. Has some info on it. 35x, tooless zero, etc
I thought this was a pic of the 4.5-27 until I looked closely at the turrets. If it has true toolless turrets (for zero and zero stop) that would be absolutely fantastical! I regret selling my TT for this feature alone.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Thanks, I found it!!

It turned into a balance thread. Not sure most people know that CG has a X,Y and Z dimensions 🥴

I thought this was a pic of the 4.5-27 until I looked closely at the turrets. If it has true toolless turrets (for zero and zero stop) that would be absolutely fantastical! I regret selling my TT for this feature alone.
That's a great feature; because I'm lazy and sometimes don't lock mine down (I know...perma-ban on The Hide for admitting to that). Vortex has come a long way since the "shim days." Now, how is that glass?

While we are talking new Vortex models, any ideas when the replacement for the Viper VPT 5-25genII will come out. The Razors are a bit rich for me - I love the one I have, but I can’t put them on all my rifles, IIke my 22s. I’m hoping that the tube size will go up- everything else would be gravy…

I think that says MDT on the mount/rings, but it doesn’t look like their standard mount on their website. I think MDT is also coming out with a new version of the ACC chassis, but I don’t know if this is the new or old one.

The mount looks like it has an ERTAC type knob at the rear, maybe for adjustable cant?

I see weights on the chassis forend, but that thing on the right hand side between the weight and action?

I think that says MDT on the mount/rings, but it doesn’t look like their standard mount on their website. I think MDT is also coming out with a new version of the ACC chassis, but I don’t know if this is the new or old one.

The mount looks like it has an ERTAC type knob at the rear, maybe for adjustable cant?

I see weights on the chassis forend, but that thing on the right hand side between the weight and action?

That mount has been modified to accept an LRA Send It digital level at the rear mounting screw. The knob is part of the mount for the level. Otherwise that one-piece mount looks like the current offering from MDT.

The "wings" on the side of the chassis behind the weight are something Keith Baker (owner of ICE Rifles, who also shoots for and helps with product development for MDT) has been developing for a few years. Several MDT Team shooters have had them on their rifles this year, and MDT is supposed to begin offering them for sale sometime in 2022. They increase contact with a shooting bag (and so help with lateral stability), and also have a thumb rest integrated into the front, to help pinch the rifle into the bag. I think they're aluminum, and so don't add much weight, but I could be wrong about that.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
^ I tried to get one off of keith last year when I still had an MDT chassis. I bet I could still get one for my AO chassis tho

Reactions: Tx_Aggie