• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex razor gen iii mid range

Jcaplinger199

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2019
Arlington, TX
From what I can tell the razor gen ii 3-18 has been discontinued. Has anyone heard anything about a mid power gen iii? 3-18 or somethig in the range?

Haven't heard anything but would sure love a Gen III 3-18 (or similar) especially if it were smaller than the 6-36 (which I'm a big fan of) and significantly lighter (like mid 30oz). I imagine they got rid of the Gen II as it was essentially the same weight as the 4.5-27.

Given how many things they have going on, I probably would not hold my breath waiting for anything soon.

They do have a rather light weight Razor HD-LHT 4.5-22x50 which helps.

ILya

I don't think Vortex sees a market for a lighter weight Gen2/3 Razor 3-18.

Reading between the lines it seems like they think the LHT fills that niche and keeping the Razor as a heavy beast.
Maybe a new AMG will come out at some stage but I wouldn't count on it.

I’ve lost faith in manufacturers building a medium weight (20oz), medium powered optic.

Its all about LPVOs or super heavy high mag stuff. Unfortunate.

I’ve lost faith in manufacturers building a medium weight (20oz), medium powered optic.

Its all about LPVOs or super heavy high mag stuff. Unfortunate.
Vortex has the medium weight (22oz) Razor LHT 4.5-22 which is quite a nice, lightweight ffp scope. There's just a big gap, weight-wise between that and the 45oz Razor Gen III. Something like the 3-15 PST 2 (28oz) but with Razor glass and toughness (35oz?) would be really nice for gas guns and "tactical precision rifles", rigs that aren't full on heavy-ass comp guns or ultralight setups.

Except the LHR is a long in size. Looks pretty good otherwise.

I’m talking NF NXS 2.5-10x32 kinda size.

Except the LHR is a long in size. Looks pretty good otherwise.

I’m talking NF NXS 2.5-10x32 kinda size.
Yeah fair enough. These days I'm inclined to go with a Gen III 1-10 over a NF 2.5-10. The Gen III is only 2oz heavier but 2" shorter and you can get away without an offset red dot cause of 1x.